1250 Pts have served me well - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

1250 Pts have served me well

This is an Army I play often enough. Sure I change it up a bit time to time, but here is the basic set up.

Hero: Sorceress (Lvl 2) 185 pts
    Dark Star Cloak, Dispell Scroll

Hero: Master 160 pts
    Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Soul Render, Ring of Hotek, Cold One Mount

Core: Repeater Crossbowmen X10 100 pts

Core: Repeater Crossbowmen X10 100 pts

Core: Corsairs X19 215 pts
    Standard Bearer, Banner of the Sea Dragon

Core: Harpies X5 55 pts

Specl: Witch Elves X10 125 pts
    Hag, Musician, Standard

Specl: Cold One Knights X5 135 pts

Rare: War Hydra 175 pts

Total 1250 pts

Sorceress in unit with Corsairs
    Master with Cold One Knights

It wins the majority of battles I throw it into, but HEY! There is always room for improvement. I welcome all feedback. I'm sure I listed something wrong and will kick myself when I see it.

WH Fantasy: Vampire Counts, Dark Elves
    WH 40k: Eldar, Orks, Space Marines

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

42 (x1)

I think that a block of spear warriors would be better in this list than the corsairs. Corsairs are a bit too expensive for SCR blocks. Having your largest unit have frenzy means that it will be baited around the field by a savvy opponent. Since it is a full SCR block, and has an obvious magic banner, it is rather obvious of a unit. I prefer the frenzy blocks to be about 12-14 strong. If you want a full res block, a unit of spears 25 strong with FC AND a war banner can be had for the same cost.

Also the advantage of going with warriors is that you can give the sorceress a dagger and kill some guys for PD. That way you can almost double the amount of magic available. As you have it now, you have a paltry 4 PD, and your wizard is in a frenzied unit that wants to be in CC quickly.

+ Reply to Thread