<1000 1400 Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1400 Friendly

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

1400 Friendly

Hi all,

I've been playing wood elves and orcs in friendly games with slight variations on the following list. Just thought I'd see what people thought:

Sorceress: Sacrificial Dagger, lvl 2

25 Spearelves: Shield, Full Command, Warbanner. The sorceress camps out here.
    25 Corsairs: Full Command. survivable against the WE shooting (10 glade guard, 6 scouts, 6+ waywatchers, Hail of Doom character)
    5 Dark Riders: RxB, Musician
    5 harpies

10 Black Guard: Full command, crimson death, banner of hag graef
    5 Cold One Knights: Dread Knight
    5 Shades: gt wpns

RBT

I'm thinking about swapping the corsairs for another group of spearelves and increasing the black guard to 14 or 15 models. I might also drop some command to see what else I can cram in. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    - Koosh

Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious to know how your shades hold up against WE? What's your strategy? I'm still having a hard time incorporating scouts into my army...

Other than that...if you're facing enemies with low armor and lots of shooting, I'd probably be tempted to keep the corsairs. They survive well vs. shooty armies and if you don't mind frenzy (friendly game right?), the serpent banner can be effective. Just drop them down to 15-20 to beef up your BG....for corsair point cost per model 25 is probably excessive.

I might also consider dropping the musician from your BG. I've never really worry about them losing CR...especially with asf and crimson death.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Right now my shades mostly hang around behind my army to prevent scout deployment and attack would-be march blockers. If I actually scout with them, they get killed off by scouts/waywatchers/hail of doom arrow in round 1. And while they draw a lot of fire that way, I'd rather preserve the 360 line of site and charge to kill off glade riders and warhawks once they run behind my lines.

I've picked up some more black guard now, so I'll be following your other suggestions. The corsairs are fairly effective even without the serpent banner, but mostly for SCR, and spearmen do that cheaper.

Thanks for the thoughts!
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

+ Reply to Thread