<2000 Dark Elf 2250 army list Competitivte/Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Elf 2250 army list Competitivte/Friendly

Been working on a lot of theory crafting with an all combat army like a full witch elf list and also tried a fast shooting army, but all those seem to fall when my friends let me proxy the list. Here is one I have been working on and decided to post to get some opinions please be brutal only way things will be learned.

Lords:
    Morathi 455pts
    Dark Sword 25pts
    Death Mask 55pts
    Blackstaff 50pts

Sorceress 100
    Level 2 35pts
    Sacrificial Dagger 25pts
    Focus Familiar 25pts

Sorceress 100
    Level 2 35pts
    Darkstark Cloak 25pts
    Tome of Furion 15pts

Sorceress 100pts
    Level 2 35pts
    Pendant of Khaeleth 35pts
    Darksteed 12pts

Core:
    11 or 16 Dark Elf Warriors 6pts

20 Dark Elf Warriors 6pts
    Lordling 6pts
    Musician 3pts
    Standard Bearer 6pts
    Shields 1pt

20 Dark Elf Warriors 6pts
    Lordling 6pts
    Musician 3pts
    Standard Bearer 6pts
    Shields 1pt

Special:
    14 Black Guard 13pts
    Musician 7pts
    Standard Bearer 14pts
    -Hag Gaef 35pts
    Kouran of the Black Guard 75pts

15 Black Guard 13pts
    Tower Master 14pts
    -Null Talesman
    Musician 7pts
    Stanad Bearer 14pts

5 Shades 16pts
    Great Weapons 2pts

5 Shades 16pts
    Great Weapons 2pts

This is a 2161 list and basically trying to figure out what should I fill the last 89 points with that said as you can see I'd like to keep a pretty magic heavy army since the friend I play with do have a lot of magic so I'd like a way to counter that with having a great magic phase of my own. I also know that I will be outnumbered a lot, but I feel that the amount the magic I have will help make up for that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Well, I know you are new here, but you really shouldn't give point cost for each upgrade. GW is very serious about their IP, and forums crack down on that. It's usually OK to just write what the entire unit costs, and list the upgrades, as long as you don't give the exact points for each upgrade like you did.

As for the list, a normal level 4 with peg and black staff or focus familiar is nearly as effective, and much cheaper. Morathi, as with most DE special characters, is just too expensive for what she does (and she is limited on what lores she can take...)

2 of your wizards are illegal. One arcane item per character unless it is a scroll or powerstone. So tome of furion and cloak is wrong, and dagger and familiar is wrong.

3 lvl 2 wizards is about 1 more than you really need. DE magic is really powerful, and 4 wizards is overkill (yes I know, there isn't any such thing, but wizards are a bit expensive past the 2nd one) I would drop your pendant sorcerer.

Your core choices could be better. Warriors aren't bad per say, but DE don't do block hammer too well. 1 unit of 25 with war banner will serve you better than 3 units. The other 2 core choices should be either Dark riders (more flexible) or RxB warriors (ranged attacks force your opponent to react)

The second unit of black guard is not needed. A second unit can't be ASF, and t3 5+ elves need to attack first. In the first unit khoran is too expensive for a 1 wound model. ItP LD9 stubborn is nearly as good as unbreakable, and a regular champion with crimson death is nearly as effective.

2 units of shades is actually fine, and you built them just fine as well.

I would try to find room for cold ones knights or chariots, as well as a hydra. Your list lacks mobility, and these units can really run out there and dictate the course of the battle.

+ Reply to Thread