<3000 A 2000 list. I hope it is good enough to be competitive. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 2000 list. I hope it is good enough to be competitive.

b"h

Dreadlord + crimson death + pendant of khaeleth + armour of darkness + repeater handbow + black dragon.

Sorceress level 2 + dispel scroll + dispel scroll.

26 dark elf warriors + spears + full command.
    20 black ark corsairs + full command.
    13 dark elf repeater crossbowmen.

5 cold one knights + full command.

war hydra.
    war hydra.

Is that list any good?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Not really. Let me list the reasons why:

If you want an unstoppable dread lord, give him armor of eternal servitude instead of darkness. Then give him a shield, SDC, and a lance of some sort (maybe event the KB one). The reason why this is better is that you get regen, still have a 3+ save, still have S6 on the turn that matters (and potentially have KB if you took it) If you get bogged down in combat, maybe you shouldn't have charged that. Crimson death is for guys on foot TBH, and even then is best on a BG champ.

Medium magic sucks. You end up paying points for a magic phase that gets dispelled every time. You spent 100 points on scrolls. Really? with 4 DD, you should only need 2 at most. You can afford to let some weak spells through, and just scroll or dispel the important spells. Since your wizards aren't any good, just take a caddy, and a master with seal of ghrond. Same number of DD, still have 2 scrolls. Then you can add ring of hotek to a CoK champ or BG champ.

Your core is just bad.

Corsairs are far to expensive for SCR. Break them up into either 2x7 with frenzy banner, or take them as 2 units of hand bows. Or even better take something better.

Warriors are fine, but 26 is an odd number. If you are going that big it might be worth your time to give them the war banner, since SCR is what they are meant to do.

13 RXB is an odd number. 6 extra shots isn't going to do much more than the 20 shots that just 10 get. So spending more points on a unit that is disposable support isn't a wise investment. Also they aren't very good in an in your face list like a double hydra dragon list is.

Full command on CoKs without any of the magic items being used? Why? If you take a champ, it should be to give him ring of hotek. If you take a banner, it should be to give him standard of slaughter or banner of cold blood. Music is points filler for these guys. That being said, they do their job just fine being 5 with no upgrades, spending more points on them doesn't really add much for the expense of their upgrades.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b"h
    The 2 sorceresses with 4 dispel scrolls are mostly becouse I will probably face some heavy magic lists, and I will need to stop that magic.

If you want an unstoppable dread lord, give him armor of eternal servitude instead of darkness. Then give him a shield, SDC, and a lance of some sort (maybe event the KB one). The reason why this is better is that you get regen, still have a 3+ save, still have S6 on the turn that matters (and potentially have KB if you took it) If you get bogged down in combat, maybe you shouldn't have charged that. Crimson death is for guys on foot TBH, and even then is best on a BG champ
    About armour of enternal servitue, it is better than the armour of darkness only against attacks of strength 6 or more. Against strength 3 or less (or 5) it doesn't matter, and against streangth 4 the armour of darkness is better. Since I have the pendant of khaeleth I fear attacks of strength 3-4 the most, and against these kind of attacks the armour of darkness is better. Don't you think so?

Becouse I will probably face some undead and daemons armies I prefere strength 6 to all attacks. There are also stuborn units who will not run away so quickly in other armies.

The main reason for me to take these core units is becouse that what I can get, but they can be usefull don't they?

About the Infantry blocks, usualy I need 2 of those to support my strong loners (in this case the dragon and the hydras). They can kill some foes, and have a lot of static combat resolution. They can hold enemy units so I could get a flank attack with my cold one knights or a hydra. Against tough units such as orcs or greatswords, the black arc corsairs could match them and kill some of them even before help arrive. About the crossbowmen, they are there to soften the krispy units (unit that are good attakers but bad defenders such as swordmasters), and to support at least one sorceress.

The ring of hoeth is a realy good Idea, I think what I will do is:

Dreadlord + crimson death + pendant of khaeleth + armour of darkness + black dragon.

22 dark elf warriors + spears + full command + war banner.
    20 black ark corsairs + full command.
    11 dark elf repeater crossbowmen + musician.

5 cold one knights + full command + ring of hoeth.

war hydra.
    war hydra.

Now the total is only 1999.
    Is that list better?
    Are there any other important changes to do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're just taking those 2 sorceresses for magic defense then strip the levels. There is absolutely no reason for it, seeing as they won't do anything offensively. Otherwise, I'd recommend some pruning in the command section, such as musicians and such. I'd then reduce the corsairs to 14 (7x2) and give them a banner of some sorts. Then cut out the odds and ends (that extra Xbow, the 2 warriors) and try and fit in a unit of DR. That way, this army becomes more speed focused and still has some blocks/CR. Also, you only really need 1 caddy. Replace it with an assassin or some shades and you don't need to worry about your magic defense. That's my philosophy. I'll take the full force of an enemies magic for about 2-3 turns at most, before I'm pruning out all of his casters. Either that or get dug in, and do it quick.

P.S. notabot, would you mind looking at my list here on the forum, I'd appreciate your input. It's on the first page of lists, like halfway down.
    Last edited by insomniac666; May 6th, 2010 at 03:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by super sorcerer View Post
    About armour of enternal servitue, it is better than the armour of darkness only against attacks of strength 6 or more. Against strength 3 or less (or 5) it doesn't matter, and against streangth 4 the armour of darkness is better. Since I have the pendant of khaeleth I fear attacks of strength 3-4 the most, and against these kind of attacks the armour of darkness is better. Don't you think so?
    No I don't. The difference is only 3 percentage points. You will face S6 and higher, especially on a character who is designed for combats that might feature guys wishing to challange. The S4 attacks are likely to come from rank and file guys, whom you should be flame breathing. Besides, at 5-8 percent, I doubt you could face enough attacks to take him down. He is much more likely to get ran down. (usually by R&F guys with SCR, or someone got smart and killed the dragon) I really think he will be fine either way. One good reason to go for the tripple combo, is people will be firing war machines at your guy. You don't get armor save against them, and they cause multiple wounds. So unless they are flaming war machines, the tripple is better.

All that being said, its the smallest problem with the list, in fact if you just wish to save points, a pendant, enchanted shield, and heavy armor and SDC is enough.

You spend way too much on upgrades. As in enough to buy an entire unit something good: 25 from the corsairs (corsairs are ill suited for SCR block duty, with just a 5+ save meh combat ability, and high cost), 5 from crossbows (why music?) 24 from CoKs (banner and music isn't really needed, the champ is only needed for being the ring bearer.) , and 70 of level upgrades from the most likely to be worthless sorceresses.

Insomniac: Ill take a look at it tommorrow. Usually when I don't comment its because the list is fine as is.

+ Reply to Thread