<2000 1500pts Dark elf list building block - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

1500pts Dark elf list building block

OK so my starting block was this

Lord
    Dreadlord
    Helm of Discord
    Heavy Armour
    Shield
    Talismen of endurance
    Sword of Strife
    Hero
    Sorceress Lv2
    Tome of furion
    Dark Pegasus
    (lore of metal)
    10 Repeater Crossbowmen
    Guard master, Standard Bearer
    10 Repeater Crossbowmen
    Guard master
    20 Spearmen
    Shields
    FC
    special
    5 Cold One knights
    FC

totaling 999 points to this i am adding

2 Repeater Crosswmen to one unit and both units will gain Full Command
    a Level 2 Sorcerss + Sac Dag to join the spearmen she will use lore of shadow
    Spearmen will go upto 30 strong
    im also going to add 5 Shades basic and an Assassin with AHW +manbane+ rending stars which brings my list to look like this

Lord
    Dreadlord
    Helm of Discord
    Heavy Armour
    Shield
    Talismen of endurance
    Sword of Strife
    Hero
    Sorceress Lv2
    Tome of furion
    Dark Pegasus
    (lore of metal)
    Hero
    Sorceress Lv2
    Sacrifical Dager
    (lore fo shadow)
    12 Repeater Crossbowmen
    Guard master, Musician, Standard Bearer
    10 Repeater Crossbowmen
    30 Spearmen
    Shields
    FC
    special
    5 Cold One knights
    FC
    5 Shades
    Additional
    Assassin
    Additional Hand weapon
    Manbane
    Rending stars

Total 1500 points

As ever all thoughts are welcome this list will be play tested on the 20thof sept in my local GW i will post a battle report either here or to my blogg (on LO) with the results

after which point i will take on alla dvise given here with which to improve my 1500 block before i start moving onto my 2000 point block

Many Thanks
    Draghkar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Sorceress Lv2
    Tome of furion
    Dark Pegasus
    (lore of metal
    I'd recommend some protection on her of mounting her on a dark peg. Dark pegasus can't join units, it's a monster, so she'll be all alone making a perfect target for spells and missile fire. With a 6+ armour save she'll get pumped full of lead...or bolts...or arrows.

12 Repeater Crossbowmen
    10 Repeater Crossbowmen
    Why full command on the xbows? Musician maybe so they can reform and shoot (although with only 10 models there isn't much point to reforming). Give them shields instead, drop the unit of 12 down to 10, ditch the command and give the Sorc on Dark Peg the Pendant of Khaeleth, which will do wonders to saving her from miscasts.

Switch your sorc lores too, give the sacrificial dagger sorc the lore of metal and the dark peg sorc lore of shadow or death. Fly her near the enemy flank, pump her full of power dice (who cares if she miscasts, PoK will hopefully save her from the high strength hits) then unload a big ole' purple sun/pit of shades (rolling as much dice as possible, as even if you don't hit the casting value of the spell, you want those double sixes for irresistible).

Just make sure you have a tissue handy to help mop up your opponents tears.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

As to magical Lores purple sun hits the person who cast's it and is therfore far to dangerous to use Pit of shaes howerver is quite nice if its generated i have tryed and tested all the lores avalible to us in 1000 point games i have found shadow Dark and metal to be the best. The reasons as follows

Dark - lower cast value with some serious Kick
    Shadow - great hex / aug spells with a couple of evil kickers
    Metal - great Vs heavy armour armies but also has a couple of great alround spells Final transmutation is just twisted

as to getting a ward save on the sorceress i could not agree with you more as in my last 3 games at 1000 she got sluaghterd most notablely when a stray goblin fanatic span right thrrough her 2 games and go and in my last game when she took a cannon ball to the face.

as to the Rxb's after play testing i also agree with droping the standard bearer hios points will give shields to the unit the Guardmaster ont he other hand for 5 points his +1 BS is awesome my 1500 concept now reads more like this

Lord
    Dreadlord
    Helm of Discord
    Heavy Armour
    Shield
    Talismen of endurance
    Sword of Strife
    Hero
    Sorceress Lv2
    Tome of furion
    Pedant of Kaeleth
    Dark Pegasus
    (lore of Shaodw)
    Hero
    Sorceress Lv2
    Sacrifical Dager
    (lore fo Metal)
    10 Repeater Crossbowmen
    Guard master, Musician,Shields
    10 Repeater Crossbowmen
    Guard master, Musician, Shields
    30 Spearmen
    Shields
    FC
    special
    5 Shades
    AHW
    Additional
    Assassin
    Additional Hand weapon
    Manbane
    Rending stars

Total 1410 points

i removed the CoK's as they are performing sub par now due to being unable to break even small units although they are a magnet for all sorts of ranged nastiness.

this leaves me 90 points under i will have this fixed with in the next day or two when i get time to revisit the list and army book.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

purple sun hits the person who cast's it and is therfore far to dangerous to use
    Only if you roll a "misfire" on the artillery die (an 18.6% chance), and even so it still scatters d6 inches from her, otherwise it's moving artillery roll x3 inches in whatever path you choose. Definitely worth it. Even if it scatters too close to her (rolling only a 1 or a 2 on the d6 following a misfire, being mounted on a dark peg should enable her to fly away to safety next turn, and with an initiative of 5 she'll only fail her test and be killed outright on a 6. Risky, but the pay-off is worth it.

As a side note, what are you using for your sorc on dark peg? Morathi model or conversion?

i removed the CoK's as they are performing sub par now due to being unable to break even small units although they are a magnet for all sorts of ranged nastiness.
    Good call, I've always found COK's touch'n go, sometime's they're awesome, most of the time they don't even get into combat due to being out manouvered, stupidity or pumped full of every type of missile available. If you have 80pts to play with, I'd cut the assassin, leaving you with ~230pts to play with, throw in a hydra (which will fulfill the role of the knights, aka acting as an artillery magnet, and if enemy artillery is shooting the hydra, it isn't shooting the rest of your fragile army), then add in a couple more shades to use up the extra points and take over for the missing assassin.

Guardmaster ont he other hand for 5 points his +1 BS is awesome
    That's a matter of preference, but I'd rather axe them both and take another crossbowmen.

Cheers

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

purple sun as a magic votex touches the casters base as its luanch point if you rolla miss fire you center it on the caster as its casting point in BOTH! case's it stats touching the caster and as all models touched by it take an I test or die it always hits the caster misfire is just to make it hit the unit caster is in also basicly this might have been an oversite by GW but thats the rules as they wrote them, and i havent been able to find anything in the errata to say otherwise. but still your right she'll only die if she rolls a 6 so i guess thats not as bad as i first feared.

i converted morathi i chopped off her hair and her lance and gave her a cloak made from greenstuff as at 3000 points plus my local gamming club use's specc chars so i figure i migth use morathi proper also and i dont want any confusion as to which one is which.

my main oponent is a dwarf
    his 1000 point list carries 2 cannons a organ gun and a bolt thrower i like the assassin due to the way the combo works :- S3 + manbane = S6 + Rending stars = S7 Vs his warmachines so im now wounding on 4+ and negate the crews armour save.

I'm looking and modifiing the dreadlord maybe as so far he hasnt actually seen much use so that i can take a hydrabut my duaghter (4yro) has found my armybook and hiden it so i need to find it before i can sort my list out at least my rule book and vamps book are safe

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

purple sun as a magic votex touches the casters base as its luanch point if you rolla miss fire you center it on the caster as its casting point in BOTH! case's it stats touching the caster and as all models touched by it take an I test or die it always hits the caster misfire is just to make it hit the unit caster is in also basicly this might have been an oversite by GW but thats the rules as they wrote them, and i havent been able to find anything in the errata to say otherwise. but still your right she'll only die if she rolls a 6 so i guess thats not as bad as i first feared.
    Check the Warhammer FAQ for the Warhammer rulebook on the GW site, on the 3rd page, first column, left hand side 3/4 the way down it states:

"Reference Section-Lore of Death, The Purple Sun of Xereus:
    Change '[...] Any model touched by the template must [...]' to '[...] Any model under, or passed over by, the template must [...]'"

So you don't auto-hit your caster.

Doing some math, assuming you cast the spell successfully you have a 1:6 chance of hitting your own sorceress (misfire on artillery die) and then you have a 1:6 chance of her dying, leaving you with a 1:36 odds of killing her. She's pretty safe. Additionally if mounted on a dark pegasus she would be unable to join units, so she should be far enough away from the rest of your army to not pose a risk to anyone else.

I'm looking and modifiing the dreadlord
    Dreadlord
    Helm of Discord
    Heavy Armour
    Shield
    Talismen of endurance
    Sword of Strife
    If you're facing dwarves drop the helm of discord. Dwarves have high Ld so they'll pass their tests most of the time. Sword of strife is handy for the attacks, but I'd swap it for something that either negates armour (sword of ruin from DE list or obsidian blade from common) or for a weapon that boosts his strength to negate dwarf toughness (sword of might, only 15pts 'cos you use the pts value from the DE army book, check the DE errata and FAQs on the GW site; or Ogre blade from common). Maybe bust him down to a master and upgrade one of the sorc's to a lvl 3 (probably the metal one).

Master:
    Sword of might
    Armour of Eternal Servitude
    Shield
    SDC
    +1 strength (wounding dwarves on 3+), Armour save of 3+/2+ against shooting, Regen of 4+
    136pts

i converted morathi i chopped off her hair and her lance and gave her a cloak made from greenstuff
    Could you PM me a pic? I'm working on doing up a mounted sorceress right now and am looking for ideas/inspiration. Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Thanks for the update on lore of death must of missed that bit my comps been acting up but will go and print it off soon.

as to the dread lord yeah i considered droping him to a master and just making him a BSB and upgrading my flying sorce to lv3 if points would allow and if not then my foto slogegr would be beefed to level 3 which would give me a better chance of gettong the spells i want all round found my army book this mornign so will ahve an updated list soon.

will get a pic taken and send it to you as soon as i can find my phone as my proper digi cam got broken

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

ok new list reads

Lords - 345
    Supreme Sorceres - lv4, Pendant of kaeleth, Dark pegasus. (lore of shadows)

Heros - 310
    Sorceres, Lv 2, Sac Dag. (lore of metal)
    master, BSB, Harmour, Shield, SDC, banner of Hagreaf (to join spears)

Core - 425
    30 Spears - shields, FC
    10 RxB
    10 RxB

Special - 85
    5 Shades, AHW.

Rare - 175
    Hydra

Additional - 151
    Assassin, AhW, Manbane, Rending stars

This leaves me with 9 points which i will probably just add a guard master to one of the RxB's leaving me 4 pts short of the 1500 but i belive the list will work betetr for itand if my oponent doesnt mind me being 1 pts over i'll add Ironcurse icon to the foot sorc in the spears

+ Reply to Thread