<2000 2000pts dark elve blanced army friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts dark elve blanced army friendly

hey guys just starting out with dark elves. doing a 2000 pt list so any help would be nice thanks .

Lords
    Supreme sorceress 285
    LVL 4
    Sacrificial dagger
    Dread lord 271
    Great weapon
    Could one
    Armor of darkness
    Black amulet
    Core
    14 dark elf warriors 113
    Shields
    Full command
    10 dark elf crossbowmen110
    Guard master
    Musician
    10 dark elf crossbowmen110
    Guard master
    Musician
    30 black ark corsairs with hand bow 328
    Full command
    Pair of hand bows
    Special
    10 Har geneth executioners 150
    Full command
    10 Cold one knights 335
    Full command
    Ring of hotek
    Rare
    War hydra 170
    War hydra 170
    Total 1999 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorc looks good....I usually add some kind of protection for her but isn't absolutely necessary. Which lore is she taking? I assume she's going with the spears with that dagger?

I don't see much of the black amulet anymore; it's too expensive and there are far better things for him to get especially with all the new 8th edition goodies. The dreadlord could be better served being downgraded to a master and becoming the BSB; BSBs are so useful now in 8th.

Also, now that I think about it, you can't have both those lords. You are over the 25% limit.

I assume the warriors are the dagger fodder which is why they are so small. Not sure they need shields for that purpose. I would rather give the shields to the xbows who can actually benefit from the parry save. Don't really need the guardmasters for the xbows either. If you do go the BSB route, the spears could get the standard of discipline so the sorc general can be Ld10.

The execs are really small. They always strike last so they'll be taking casualties before getting to hit. I see more people running those in very large units. I can also see about 15 or so in a flanking role, but 10 is too few for that role as they won't disrupt ranks for very long if at all. Black guard and witches do really well in small units like that, but execs really need numbers.

The ring of hotek has fallen out of favor a little bit because they FAQed the 12" target bubble around the ring. Now the ring itself has to be within 12" of the caster. The place I usually see the ring is on a flying character which is then plopped right near the caster.

Overall, I think the list is pretty solid with maybe just some tweaks needed with the exception of maybe adding a quick unit like harpies/dark riders/shades to do the war machine hunting duties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok after some adjustments here's the new army list also the master is going with the executioners so they get the always strikes 1st with the standard of hag greaf

2000pts
    Lords / heroes
    Supreme sorceress 300
    Lore dark magic
    LVL 4
    Sacrificial dagger
    Blood armor
    Master 152
    Great weapon
    Heavy armor
    Sea dragon cloak
    Battle standard
    Standard of hag graef
    Core
    Dark elf assassin 90
    20dark elf warriors 155
    Shields
    Full command
    10 dark elf crossbowmen15
    Musician
    10 dark elf crossbowmen105

Musician
    Full command
    Pair of hand bows
    Special
    15 Har geneth executioners 206
    Draich master
    Musician
    10 Cold one knights 335
    Full command
    5 Shades 90
    Great weapon
    Rare
    2 reaper bolt thrower 200
    Total 1996 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sorceress can't have magical armour.

You cannot put a master in a unit of executioners; as they are a khanite unit. Non-khanite characters cannot join khanite units. The only way you can get the ASF banner in the execs is to use a death hag BSB. And a death hag BSB that is not a COB BSB is pretty easy to kill now with step-up. You can go that route but just know that she can be killed somewhat easily if your opponent concentrates on killing her. It does still get used so it must have some degree of success though.

If you're running those execs as a flanking unit, then they should be facing very few attacks so striking last is not as terrible as it would be attacking from the front.

A naked assassin? Can't say I've seen one of those in a list before; at least not very often. Usually they go with a rending star / manbane combo for shooting war machines (probably the best setup in 8th) or a manbane/rune of khaine combo for suicide missions (both with an additional hand weapon).

I've seen more additional hand weapon shades now-a-days because even if you charge with great weapon shades, they still will strike last. 10 AHW attacks and 5 GW attacks deal around the same amount of damage (against T3 lightly armoured, which is most war machine crew) so I usually opt for striking first so I get more attacks from them not killing me first and receive less attacks because I killed some of them first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay once again after some more adjustments here's the list

2000pts
    Lords / heroes
    Supreme sorceress 350
    Lore dark magic
    Black staff
    Pendant of khaeleth
    LVL 4
    Sorceress
    Lvl 2
    Lore death
    Core
    20dark elf warriors 155
    Shields
    Full command
    Musician
    Musician
    Full command
    Pair of hand bows
    Special
    20 Har geneth executioners 278
    Full command
    10 Cold one knights 335
    Full command
    6 Shades 102
    Additional hand weapon
    Rare
    2 reaper bolt thrower 200
    Total 1994 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List looks good.

Just some math errors. The execs and CoKs are off and when I total the list as you have written it's at 2060.

350+135+155+105+105+328+270(real exec total)+310(real CoK total)+102+200 = 2060

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok ill fix that thanks for all your help !

+ Reply to Thread