<3000 2500pt Khaine heavy Tournament list! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500pt Khaine heavy Tournament list!

Have a tournament coming up and I am bouncing a few lists around looking for the one to use! DE is definitely the way I am going just need to tweak my ideas. This one is a khaine heavy list, so I'd like to keep that general idea in place!

Lord:
    LV4 Supreme Sorceress-- Lore of Shadows, darkstar cloak, talisman of preservation, iron curse icon-- 335 (Goes with Spears, hoping to run her as a super boost to my line, between her and the cauldron i should be able to turn battles in my favor. Plus there's pit of shades if needed right?)

Heroes:
    Sorceress-- Lv2, Lore of Metal, dispel scroll-- 160 (torn between Dark magic and lore of metal, feel like metal will help me out alot against heavy armored infantry and knights. Dark magic is just kinda fun and offensive.)

Death Hag-- BSB, Standard of Hag Graef, Dance of Doom-- 180 (Runs with the Executioners)

Death Hag-- Cauldron of Blood-- 200

Core:
    39 Spears-- shields, full command, banner of murder-- 313 ( joined by SS)

19 RxB-- shields, musician, standard-- 224 (joined by Lv2. Both there to support the spears and the witches)

10 RxB-- 100 (sits on flank)

Special:
    24 Witches-- full command, witches brew-- 290 (run 6x4 and hope to eat anything with the support of the Lv2, RxB, and the Cauldron giving them KB, +1 attack, or 5+ ward when needed)

20 Executioners-- full command-- 270 (joined by BSB and form up as 7x3, Cauldron will give them +1 Attack or 5+ ward when needed)

6 Shades-- ahw-- 102; joined by Assassin-- Rending stars, manbane, ahw-- 151 (war machine/ ranged hunters, over all distraction)

Rare:
    1 War Hydra-- 175 (Its a hydra lol and if thats not enough I'm hoping it'll draw some fire early on until I get into combat.)

Total: 2500 (dead on)

Plan is to use Lore of Shadows and Metal to cover the low str of the witches so that they can deal with pretty much any unit, the spears will horde form and march to combat, the RxBs will offer supporting fire and then the 20 man unit will probably have to get its hands dirty if the fight goes sour. The cauldron and the BSB will help my Executioners be "all they can be" by striking on initiative and with extra attacks. Both of my special units will be stubborn as well, which is great.
    Shades will do their thing, hydra is mainly there to get shot at, but if he makes it to combat then all the better!

Advice and criticism is encouraged! wanna be prepared for the local tourny! (My first with DE actually)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems slightly character heavy, but it seems to go with the list theme so I'm thinking it's ok.

I'd be worried about the safety of that DH BSB.

I like giving my SS spear bunker the standard of discipline so I can get that Ld10 for my general, but I can't complain about the BoM on the spears either.

Perhaps stick a musician on those 10 xbows so they can get that swift reform; it's really handy.

Why not run the witches 7 wide? maximize attacks against those 5 wide units. The flame banner seems to be a pretty popular thing to give them too. It's cheap and is great against those regenerating creatures and can really clear a building.

I actually really like the list; I've really grown fond of these khainite themed lists. I'd like to hear how this works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only complaint about switching the Hag BSB is that i lose ASF on my Executioners... which is huge... because at str6, +1attack (from cauldron), and ASF(so init 6) from the BSB, they will be able to kill ALOT more without losing numbers back. Dropping the ASF banner would mean i'd need to bump their number up closer to 30 IMO.

And i dropped the musician from the 10RXB unit because honestly, they'll be 5x2 to shoot the whole game, can't imagine needing to reform them really.

Thank you for feedback!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=pervertdhermit;1754448]My only complaint about switching the Hag BSB is that i lose ASF on my Executioners... which is huge... because at str6, +1attack (from cauldron), and ASF(so init 6) from the BSB, they will be able to kill ALOT more without losing numbers back. Dropping the ASF banner would mean i'd need to bump their number up closer to 30 IMO.[QUOTE]

Putting ASF on the hag bsb means u can't take any non-mundane items on her so no ward save(i wish too dw). Executioners are initiative 5 not 6. The will only strike at initiative 5 as the ASF banner only cancels out their great weapons ASL.

they might not seem so good after hearing that but i still use them just in big numbers or small units for flanking otherwise they get chopped to bits. (and the models are sexy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pretty sure that the gifts of khaine are not magical items so they can be given to a hag bsb. At least that's what I was told/read

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, she can have gifts even if she is the BSB; it's right in the book. Unless they are one of the 2 gifts that are also magical items, but I don't think she can take them anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news

Thats really great.
    That will teach me to read the fine print.
    At least now she has more defence than just her bikini.

+ Reply to Thread