<1000 1500 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 point list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point list

heroes 269

General: master,armour of darkness,crimson death

master,bsb,shield,ha,sdc,lance,coldone

core 557

20x warriors,full com.,shields,warbanner

20x warriors,full com.,shields

10x crossbowmen,musician

5x darkriders,crossbows,musician

special 497

5x cold one knights,full com.,standard of discipline (bsb)

19x black gaurd,full com.,banner of murder (master general)

rare 175

1x war hydra

total : 1498

Last edited by affliction69; October 29th, 2010 at 08:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They only roll for miscasts with the ring if they cast within 12" of the ring; there is no more 12" target bubble. So, the ring has lost some of its luster IMO.

I'm not a fan of ignoring the entire magic phase; especially since DE can excel at it. Other than that, I agree the rest of the list is ok; it's got a little bit of everything (other than magic).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe a couple of Bolt Throwers to be thrown into the mix would be okay, maybe more Crossbowmen and merge both the 20man Spearmen units together, as JL177 said the Dark Elf sorceress exceeds in the magic phase for 2 reasons,

1. The sorceress is NOT limited to the maximum power dice usage, so if you get 6 or more power dice (Which you will more than likely) then you can use every single one of them for your spell lore, add the magic item which gives you an extra spell for the other power dice too.

2. The Sorceress has a spell called the power of Darkness which gives you D3 dice back, cast on a 4 I think, now you can take this no matter what lore you go for, so for example; If you get 5 spells for your level 4, waste all the dice on the lesser spells maybe saving 2 power dice at the end, now most oppenents will realize your not gonna cast your best spell, now throw one of those power dice for Power of Darkness, then with the rest of your power dice you can cast that big ugly one.

If your gonna still stick with a Dreadlord then fair enough, but in my opinion you've got him tooled out wrongly, maybe stick him on a Cold One with the following Equipment; Armour of Darkness, Crimson Death and Pendant of Khaeleth, this way he has 4StR 6 attacks, a 1+ Armour save and a Reversable Ward Save, the pendant is so so dirty and maybe one of the best items around for it's cost.

As JL177 mentioned about the Ring of Hotek, maybe you should drop it, it's not much use anyways, for that you could afford more Crossbowmen for it, which is always a bargain. I like your set-up with the Black Guard, but here's how I run mine, 14BG, Banner of Armour Piercing, Musician, Champion, BSB w/ the +1 attack (Forgot the name) Now deploying them 7x2 you'll get 30 attacks with re-rolls, and a -2 Armour Save which is decent against anything. Keep the Hydra because that is a pretty cool and strong unit.

That's my imput!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for the advice i am aware of the strengths in the dark elf magic phase i just wanted to make a list under 2000 without mages,only i do have the ammended rules i just didnt see the part that said the ring only miscasts when ppl within 12" cast and they took the "target" part out so yea it wouldnt be a very good option unless u were to get very close to them fast.perhaps switch it to the coldones and run um straight over to within 12" of there mage/or mages.as for the dreadlord hes not a dread lord hes a master as i wouldnt have enough points for one unless i drop the bsb which i really wanted to have.but yes a dreadlord lord instead could still be really nasty.but i prolly wouldnt take coks then cause im scared to not have a reroll for there stupidity test.but since im not taking magic ill prolly just change the ring to the crimson death on the champ or general.

+ Reply to Thread