>3000 4500 pt DE 3 way battle royal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

5 (x1)

4500 pt DE 3 way battle royal

Dreadlord; GW; Chariot; Armor of Darkness (1+ save); Pendant of Khaeleth (reverse ward save); Crown of Command (Stubborn). Purpose is to tie up huge nasty units costing only 331 pts. Though he can dish out some pain so if no units are around then I will do combine charges with him.

Dreadlord: Lance; Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield; Black Dragon; Armor of living Death (5+ AS +1 toughness +1 wound 1/6 chance of being stupid); Ring of Hotek (increase cahnces of wizards miscast); The other trickester's shard (reroll sucessful ward saves) 575

Battle Standard Bearer:
    Hag Queen with Cauldron of Blood 225

Sorceress Lvl 2; Tomb of Furion (extra spell); Lore of Dark 150

Sorceress Lvl 2; Dispell Scroll; Talisman of Protection (6+ Ward Save); Lore of Shadow 175

Sorceress Lvl 2; Sacrificial Dagger (sac a guy to gain extra power die after you attempt to cast a spell; Opal Amulet(4+ Ward Save against first wound) Lore of Shadow; Going to roll his speels second for a greater chance to getting a double therefore getting the spell I want. Risky but might work 175

Noble: Heavy Armor; Sea Dragon Cloak; Hand Weapon and Shield; Dragon Helm (2+ WS against flaming attacks; Black Dragon Egg (Toughness 6 and Breath Weapon Attack) 130

Lokhir Fellheart; 250

Corsairs: 41; Full Cmd; Hand bows; Banner of Murder (armor piercing) 460

RXB: 17; Musician; Shield 192

RXB: 16; Musician; Shield 181

RXB: 20; Musician; 205

Warriors: 22 132 This unit is used for the Sacrifical Dagger

Harpy Coven: 55

Witch Elves: 30; Full Cmd; Rune of Khaine (+D3 attacks) 350

Cold One Kinghts: 10; Musician and Stnd Bearer; Gleaming Pennat (reroll one failed leadership roll) used for a failed stupidity check 299

Shades: 5; 90

Hydra: 175

2. Remove Advertisements

Aberdeen. Scotland
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Hey man, solid looking list. Hahahaa, 3 Hydras...love it.
    Couple of questions/pointers.

The Chariot mounted Dreadlord is best used for supporting charges, not tying up big nasty units. He's not a tarpit, he's a support unit. Sure, he's Ld 10 and Stubborn, but the dice can always go against you.

Dragon mounted Dreadlord. Being T4 with 4W, causing miscasts on the roll of any double within 12" is not going to help him if he gets his Dragon shot out from under him Turn one. Which against anyone with a warmachine will likely happen. I "suggest" maybe taking the Ring of Darkness and the Glittering Scales/Cloak of Hag Graef. That way ranged attacks are half BS for shooting him and the Dragon (not much help against cannons etc, but saves you from Bolt Throwers a bit), CC attacks against him are half WS and then you have either an extra -1 to hit him (WS 3 opponents will hit him on a 6) or shooting attacks at half Strength (making that scary cannon a slightly less scary S5).

What have you given the Shades? 5 Shades are only 80pts, you have them down as 90pts.

What if you fail a stupidity check twice in a row with the Knights? I'd suggest either the Ranger Standard (Strider rule, go charging gleefully through terrain with no penalties), the Standard of Slaughter (although to be honest I've never needed the extra D3 CR) or the Banner of Swiftness. 8" movement from Cold One Knights? Not to be sniffed at (I miss the old Banner of Murder from the last DE Army Book, extra D6" when you charge. Ah the sight of Cold One Knights charging 20" under 6th/7th ed. Would have been a potential 24" charge in 8th ed).

But hey, it's a decent list. Have fun with it.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

+ Reply to Thread