<1000 1800 pts. Dark Elf Tournement list need help picking.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1800 pts. Dark Elf Tournement list need help picking..

So i've entered a tournement in a few weeks and will finally try out my new Dark elves. Now the problem is i have trouble deciding what list to use. I have a limited amount of models.. But here is what i have and the list i currently uses and then you guys can see what you think and maybe suggest some changes..

BTW. The Rules for the tournement is no mages over lvl2 and no multiple rare choices (there are a few more, but they don't affect the dark elves..

So here is the models i currently have:

Dreadlord/Master on Pegasus
    Dreadlord/Master on Cold One
    2x Sorceress on foot
    1 Master/Dreadlord on Manticore
    2 Dreadlord/Master on Dragon (one is Malekith)
    1 Sorceress on Cold One
    Death Hag with Cauldron
    4 Assassins

30 or so Spearmen
    25-30 RBC
    22 Black Ark Corsairs
    1 Reaper Bolt Thrower
    2 Charriots
    11 Executioners
    8 Black Guards
    5 Shades ( i could use an assasin for a sub to add 2 more)
    1 Hydra

That's pretty much it. And i won't be able to buy any more (might be able to borrow a few models if i'm lucky..)

But anyway. The list i've tried three times and it have worked ok, but not super good is:

Dreadlord on Pegasus, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Whip of agony, Black Dragon Egg, Pendant of Khaeleth, Dragonhelmet

Sorceress lvl2 Lore of Dark - Tome of Furion, Dragonbane Gem, Dispel Scroll

Death Hag Cauldron of Blood, BSB

20 Dark Elf Warriors, Full command, Banner of Eternal Flame
    20 Repeater Crossbowmen, Musician
    21 Black Ark Corsairs - Full Command, Sea Serpent Standard

5 Shades, Additional Hand Weapon
    2 Charriots

War Hydra

That adds up to exactly 1800 pts. Now.. i think it's a decent list when looking at the models i have. But if you guys have any suggestions to changes i would be happy to hear them!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Hey mate. List looks pretty good.
    I'd just like to make a few points, feel free to ignore them.
    If the Dreadlord is on a Dark Pegasus, more often that not he's going to be charging. Consider maybe dropping the Whip of Agony and giving him a standard lance, saving you 19 points. Or giving him Deathpiercer, the Killing Blow lance, for the same cost.
    At the minute, he has a 1+ armour, a reverse ward and a 2+ ward vs flaming attacks, with T6 for a turn. Why not try the following: Armour of Eternal Servitude, Dragonbane Gem and the Black Dragon Egg. That gives him a 2+ armour, a 4+ regen and a 2+ ward vs flaming attacks with T6 for a turn, leaving 30 points spare to spend on a magic weapon *cough*Caledors Bane*cough*. Sure, having a 4+ regen compared to the reverse ward given by the Pendant may seem like a downgrade, but the Pendant won't save you from a failed characteristic test, whereas a 4+ regen does slightly. Plus with Caledors Bane he's a mighty S7 on the charge.

In games of less than 2000pts a Battle Standard Bearer is not essential to your army. As you have a fair amount on characters already, why not drop the Cauldron (shame I know) to accomodate for a Bolt Thrower and more troops. 20 Spearmen aren't going to last very long, 30 will if their in ranks of 5 wide, 6 deep. Also give the Spearmen the Warbanner instead of the Banner of Eternal Flame. The extra +1 CR goes a long way towards helping them.

Your Sorceress is illegal. She has two Arcane Items (can only have one). The Dragonbane Gem is wasted on her, as she's not going to be hit by many flaming attacks. Sorceress are most likely to die by 1) blowing themselves up, 2) Catching arrows or 3) trying to block swords/hammers/axes with their face. The Tome of Furion is a great item for 15pts. Try giving her the Tome of Furion with one of the following: the Seal of Ghrond for an extra Dispel Dice or the Pendant of Khaeleth. The Pendant of Khaeleth is great for Sorceress' as the miscast hits are either S10 or S6, giving you, effectively, a 2+ ward save against miscast hits (only failing on a 6).

Apart from the points I've made I wouldn't change a thing. The Hydra and the Chariots will do wonders for your army. Shades are good at general harrassment of the enemy, taking out Warmachines, picking off light infantry.
    But anyways, those are my suggestions, good luck in the tournament.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK..

Si i've considered a little of your tips. And made this list:

Dreadlord - Pegasus, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Caledors Bane, Black Dragon Egg, Armour of Eternal Servitude, Dragonbane Gem
    Sorceress, lvl2 Lore of Dark - Tome of Furion, Pendant of Khaeleth
    Death Hag - Cauldron, BSB, Manbane, Rune of Khaine

31 Warriors, Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame
    20 Repeater Crossbowmen
    21 Black Ark Corsairs - Full Command, Sea Serpent Standard

Charriot
    Charriot

War Hydra

Yeah i Know. I Really like the Cauldron BSB and it have worked REALLY well for me in the practice matches i've played so far. The Shades. Not so much.. SO i dropped them in favour of making my BSB stronger and adding a bunch of warriors.

I like the idea of having a Sorceress basicly ignoring the take a wound miscasts and i guess the dreadlord with Caledors bane and Regen isn't that bad either..

It's not the strongest list.. But then again i don't have any real ambitions of winning... Some of mye opponents are several time winners of ETC... So for me it's more for the fun of trying myself in a tournement and just having fun playing with an army i enjoy plaing with. So my goal is to find a list i enjoy playing that is also somewhat tournement proof.. if you get where i'm heading? xD

I'm going to try out the list above tomorrow and see how it goes.
    Last edited by hansleonard; February 21st, 2011 at 04:02.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

I reckon it was a pretty good list to begin with, just in need of some tweeking.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Cauldrons, but I tend to keep them in my Cult of Khaine Army and out of a "normal army" (or have at least a big unit of Witch Elves with it). It's more an aesthetic choice, as a Cauldron doesn't seem to look right unless theres some Khainite units around it.

On the Dreadlord, the only real serious change is to drop the Whip of Agony if he's mounted. If you want to stick with Armour of Darkness and Pendant of Khaeleth thats fine.

The Shades, probably for the best.

I think you maybe underestimate your list, it has the potential to do well. I tend to play for fun as opposed to competitive.

Anyways, have fun with you tournament.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys. Just thought i'd let you know how the tournement went. I did very well in my oppinion. We scored Victory points and shared 10 points each. So a large victory might give me 8-2..

The first match was against another Dark elf player. It was a very even fight with our hydras taking each other out of the game. It ended 5-5 in round 4. Allthough i probably would have lost 4-6 if we had time to finish the game. (I made a mistake in the positioning of my dreadlord (Who BTW did extremelly well. more on that later))

The second match i played against Empire. I won that game easilly 9-1. My hydra flopped completelly getting itself killed by Flagellants (A horrible mistake when i charged them which i will not do again lol..) But my corsairs killed them off the next round and continued into the flank of his large spearman group in which he had placed all his characters. corsairs, warriors and a dreadlord against that unit and there was literarilly nothing left.

The third match (and the only one i am really dissapointed of) i played Vampire Counts. It all went horrible having me lose 8-2. Too much went wrong to list it all.. his units ofcourse didn't die...

Anyways i was thirsting for revenge the next day when i played the fourth game against Warriors of Chaos. In the end i lost only my corsairs (from an exxtremelly lucky shot with the hellcannon... and destroying his entire army (having a lot of strength 5 armour piercing attacks really helped here! ) i won 10-0

Finally i faced High Elves. For the first time ever (never played against them before!) I had wanted that all the tournement and it was a really fun game. I lost both charriots but nothing more. unfortunatelly he had a few characters and one(!) model left in his gigantic spearman group... So he got a lot of points and i only won 7-3.

All in all i was really happy with how the tournement went. My team finished very poorly ( i was the only one that did well.. ) But we didn't care. We had a blast!

How my list worked out:

Dreadlord: Amazing. Racking up an amazing amount of kills this dude did everything perfectly from destroying whole units by himself to sniping out characters. He died only when completelly surrounded by undead. (Even he couldn't survive two large ghoul units together with a vampire, his grave guard body guard and a charging black coach....) I made the mistake thinking he could take out a small 10 man strong ghoul unit.. but he failed miserably that one turn when i needed it most.. Other than this he never dissapointed me and his kill rack can almost match that of malekith himself!

Sorceress: Lore of dark = awesomeness! Just like the dreadlord the sorceress did amazing. considering that she rolled Black horror EVERY time i rolled for magic.. She destroyed units again and again. Unfortunatelly she miscasted a few times also.. Two double ones on the miscast table during the tournement and a lot of warriors lost their lives.. but all in all it was worth it.

Death Hag Cauldron BSB: Doing everything you'd expect...

Warriors: Did well in guarding the sorceress and packing a punch in close combat. not much more to say.

RBC They did good.

Black Ark Corsairs: Wow! just Wow! in the end of the day only one group of elves could match the amazing amount of kills that my dreadlord had collected.. My Corsairs ripped enemy units apart! My best memory is when they full of rage after the mighty hydra had been beaten to the ground by mad flagellants charged the crazed band. Destroying all remaining flaggies in one combat phase. But they didn't stop there. They overran straight into the allready engaged spearmen and joined the combat there. Killing an additional 20 soldiers they had racked up 46 kills in a single round of combat!

Charriots: Did good. Not much to say.. but they did really good doing their fair share of killing every match.

Hydra: Actually my biggest dissapointment. I mean, ofcourse he did good i guess.. but not nearly what i had expected. he racked up a few kills and survived most battles.. but... he only killed his points value three times out of 5 which i was dissapointed in. i don't know. maybe it was bad positioning.. but he just didnt work out for me.. unfortunatelly..

Oh, the updated list that i used was this:

Dreadlord - Pegasus, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Shield, Pendant of Khaeleth, Whip of Agony, Dragonhelmet and Black Dragon Egg.

Sorceress - lvl2 Lore of Dark - Tome of Furion, Null talisman
    Death Hag - BSB, Cauldron of Blood

35 Warriors, Shields, Full command, Banenr of Eternal Flame
    21 Black Ark Corsairs, Full command, Sea Serpent Standard
    20 Repeater Crossbowmen

2 Charriots

War Hydra

+ Reply to Thread