<3000 2500 pt dark elf list competitive new player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2500 pt dark elf list competitive new player

At this point i've only played about 3 games of fantasy and I'm looking to make a super competitve list so here is what I got.

Supreme sorceress + sacrificial dagger + lore of shadow

Sorceress + Pendant of Khaelith + level 2 + lore of shadow

Sorceress + level 2 + lore of shadow

Sorceress + tome of furion + lore of shadow

5 Shades + great weapons

5 shades + great weapons

5 shades + great weapons

20 repeater crossbowmen(supreme sorceress)

10 repeater crossbowmen(sorceress)

10 repeater crossbowmen

10 repeater crossbowmen

10 repeater crossbowmen

5 dark riders

5 dark riders

5 dark riders

5 dark riders

Repeater bolt thrower

Repeater bolt thrower

Repeater bolt thrower

So the idea was to use the shades to take down warmachines, I wasn't sure if I should give them great weapons or not to insure that they get the job done though I'm probably thing they would be better off with hand weapons(looking for advice here) the redirector units are there to control enemy movement so I can piece meal his army at a time. Between sorceresses I get all the spells and the lower sorceress spam the signature spell. I use the nerf toughness spells to bring enemies toughness down to 1 or 2 than shoot the crap out of em with 80 repeater crossbows and 3 repeater bolt throwers. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

First thing is first, way to much Magic. Ideally you want 6 levels of Wizard, that's usually a Lvl4 and a Lvl 2. The reason is you only have so many dice to toss during a turn, I know DE can magic more up but if you roll low for Winds, you won't be going up by that much. These are points you can turn into a Lord for Leadership and/or a BSB. As for Lores, I like Fire but Shadow is good too. I'd give one DE Lore though, some amazing spells in there with low casting values.

I'd bump the Shades to two units of 10, 5 with GWs is a bit to small to really matter. 10 gives you some staying power in combat and against Magic Missiles.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay to many Xbowmen. They aren't that great anymore since BS Shotting got a big hit in 8th, it's very easy to wrack up big penalties. I'd go with 1-2 nicely sized units to act as wounds for your Wizards, but beyond that forget them.

You don't need Dark Riders, Shades are far better. Drop all these.

Two Bolt Throwers is plenty, save some poitns here. You won't always have 3 optimal locations to drop them for LoS.

This list has far to many weaknesses and passes on a lot of DE strengths. First off, competitive DE need a Hydra. Two will get you some hateful stares, one is fine. You also need combat troops, Spearmen are very well priced and Black Guard hit hard, especially with character support. DE play quite balanced with some nice Shooting, powerful Magic and then a few nice blocks with support to beat on the remnants. Hydras and Black Guard are your units that can take an enemy straight on, Spearmen need a favorable matchup or some help from Magic/Shooting.

Hope that helps a bit.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

This army, although it looks intimidating in Magic and Shooting, has nothing for combat. Too many Sorceresses for a start. As stated above, 6 levels is the accepted wisdom, although with DE you can get away with 2 lvl 2s, purely because DE Sorceresses can get off the big spells where another armies lvl 2 will struggle. Drop the lvl 4 and a lvl 2 and take a tooled-up Dreadlord and a BSB with either some magic items or a banner.

Against WoC, Lizardmen and Brettonians in particular this army list will suffer. They will easily weather your shooting, even if you reduce their toughness as they still have their exeptional saves, then tear you to shreds once they inevitably reach your lines.

This is most definately not a competitive army. It looks like the kind of army I'd play with if I just fancied a change and trying something out.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

+ Reply to Thread