<3000 Help Needed with Competative 2500 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Help Needed with Competative 2500 point list

Ok i want to design the most competitve list but without using alot of named characters
    so far i have:

Lord
    Sorceress (lore of metal)
    Lvl 4
    Guiding Eye
    Pendant of Khaeleth
    Dispel Scroll

Hero
    Master
    Ring of Hotek
    Crimson Armour

Master
    Heart Seaker
    Blood Armour

Assassin
    Venom Sword

Core
    2 units of 20 crossbow men with musicain
    2 units of 5 dark riders with musicain, shield and crossbows

Special
    20 Executioners
    Full Command
    Perl of Infinite Bleakness
    Banner of Murder

20 Black Guard
    Full Command
    Kouran
    Banner of Hag Graef

Rare
    2 Hydras

the plan is to have the sorcerrer in 1 of the crossbow men and cast the +1 to hit armour piercing spell and just shoot
    the 2 masters and assassin join the black guard
    the hydras are distractions which will run up the flank and create as much damage as possible

I have never played dark elves so i have no idea what works and what doesnt so any help wld be much apprciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Banner of murder on the executioners is pointless. Executioners are already striking at strength 6 causing minus 3 to armour save, which is strong enough to kill most troops without the additional armour piercing bonus granted by the banner.

Banner of Hag Graef on the black guard was good last edition, however with 8th edition rules and striking in initiative order, the only thing striking before black guard will be high elves.

Ring of Hotek was good before it was FAQ'd, now the character carrying it has to be within 12" of the caster to cause a miscast.

Venom sword on the assassin is a lot of points, and for less points you could have a extra hand weapon, +d3 attacks, killing blow assassin which would be much more effective in combat.

I'd also recommend upgrading one of the masters to a BSB. Even though dark elves already have high leadership, the ability to re-roll leadership tests is priceless.

+ Reply to Thread