<3000 2500 pt draft for fun/competitive play - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 pt draft for fun/competitive play

Don't have all the details worked out yet. I'm just toying with this, so any input appreciated

Dreadlord (270 )
    Cold One
    Pok
    Armour of Darkness
    Ogre Blade

Lev 4 (320 ) With Warriors
    Dagger
    Talisman of P.

Lev 2 (185 ) With Warriors
    Tome
    Crown of Command

Master (230 )
    Chariot
    SSC
    Shield
    Armour of Servitude
    Sword +1 st.

Core
    38 Warriors (306 ) 5x8 formation
    Shields
    Fc
    Banner of Murder

30 Corsairs (350 )
    FC
    Sea Serpent Banner

Special
    18 Black Guard (309 )
    Crimson Death
    Standard of Discipline

11Cok (337 )
    Full Command

Rare
    War hydra (175 )

This list still gives me about 20 pts to play with. I'd like some advice on buffing my Cok, since I don't use them often, but if anyone has advice for trimming a little fat of this list I'm all ears.

Last edited by kpooh; June 2nd, 2011 at 16:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Nice list mate, just the one pointer today haha.

There are cheaper ways to get S6, such as Crimson Death (surprisingly it's not specified as a halberd in the actual rules for it, it's just a weapon that gives S6 and requires 2 hands).
    The Chillblade is a fun option too, especially combined with the high Initiative value of Dark Elves.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll definitely be reconsidering the magic item load-outs, hopefully shave off a few points here and there. I'll be using crimson death on my Black Guard, so it wont be going on my DL anyway. Some people skimp on the CD when it comes to the Black Guard, but I never leave home without it. I'm also considering dropping the crown of command...since 5x8 warriors should be good. I also have some moral objections to using the POK/1+ armour combo....but whatever....you just gotta live sometimes. I'm thinking if I can shave a few points, and make the list more efficient I may be able to include some harpies, or maybe like 5 shades....but that might be a stretch.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Shades are useful in every list, at 80 for 5 they're affordable disruption that's cheap. I'd personally get rid of the Standard of Discipline on the Black Guard, they don't have leadership problems. This also means that you mdight be able to give your knights the ranger standard, making them horrifying to face. I also agree that you probably don't need the crown...
    Another hero option would be a master BSB on foot, that would more than make up for Standard of Discipline and Crown of Command whilst giving you a pretty nasty punch (I usually run mine with the Hydra Banner...in a unit of 20 Black Guard). If you really want to go cheap grab your Lord a lance instead of the blade, or, with all those statues wandering around these days, heartseeker. Whilst it doesn't look like much my Dreadlord has taken out more than his fair share of seemingly unstoppable monsters thanks to the ability to re-roll 6s. Also, its good in other situations, giving you more attacks that will hit against infantry and decimating skirmishers with its accuracy.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've revised my list slightly in a way that will allow me to take some shades. Best things about this list is that it allows me to field all my favorite/best painted models

Dreadlord (236 )
    Cold One
    Pok / or crown of command depending
    Armour of Darkness
    Mundane Lance

Lev 4 (320 ) With Warriors
    Dagger
    Talisman of P.

Lev 2 (160 ) With Warriors
    Dispell scroll / Maybe tome...if i need 10 extra points

Master (230 )
    Chariot
    SSC
    Shield
    Armour of Servitude
    Sword +1 st.

Core
    34 Warriors (278 ) 5x7 formation
    Shields
    Fc
    Banner of Murder

30 Corsairs (350 )
    FC
    Sea Serpent Banner

Special
    18 Black Guard (294 )
    Crimson Death

11Cok (337 )
    Full Command

6X shades (96)

Rare
    War hydra (175 )

Total 2476...

This gives me 24 points to play with....anything worth taking at 25 pts? If I choose to switch the dispell scroll out for the tome, I'll have 34 points to either get my knights a banner, or get heartseeker for my dreadlord. If I do put hearteeker on my DL, that will free up 6 pts to give my shades some AHW....Thanks for the advice guys, I'm a bit closer to my goal now!!!
    Last edited by kpooh; June 3rd, 2011 at 18:05.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Now that I look over this list again I'm seeing a second problem.

You've got your Sorc in your major infantry block with a dagger. You've sort of invested a lot in that unit, only for it to get pulled apart by one of your heroes...I'd drop the dagger and get a Cloak if you're really after those Power Dice, although I don't think you'll need them (especially if one of your heroes is running aroud with LoD). I still think that the Ranger Standard is a MUST for the knights. Running the Black Guard at 20 would also be helpful and getting a bloodshade, points allowing, would be nice. Apart from that, it looks good, a little lacking in range but fast enough to compensate.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why not give the black guard the banner of murder and give your big block of warriors a warbanner since they are your anvil also put a bsb in this unit,id be scared to run a big unit of cold ones without a bsb. but yea rangers standard sounds good on these guys,maybe death piercer on champ for fun.also could think about giving the lord crown of command making the unit stubborn also would be great considering you cant really break steadfast units on the charge anyways and the cold ones will prolly be out in front of your foot sloggers.u can drop the armour of darkness from lord as its too easy to get a 1+save on a coldone mounted character just full mundane does that.maybe go down to 9coks free up some points for a 10 man unit of crossbowmen give u some more shooting

+ Reply to Thread