<3000 1250 to 1500, what to add - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

1250 to 1500, what to add

Okay, I'm looking at entering a more competetive tier of play with my Dark Elves, which means my usual 1.25K list won't be enough. I need to increase my existing list to 1.5, so suggestions and criticisms of my choices would be good.

Current 1.25 list

Lords:
    Level 4 Supreme Sorceress with a Tome of Furion, Seal of Ghrond and using Lore of Shadow

Core
    15 Repeater Crossbowmen with shields

21 Corsairs with the Sea Serpent Standard and Full Command, armed with additional hand weapons

Special
    20 Black Guard of Naggarond with Full Command, bearing the Banner of Murder and a Tower Master armed with Crimson Death

Rare
    A Karond Kar War Hydra

The total is 1250 exactly

My concept 1.5K list

Lords
    Level 4 Supreme Sorceress with a Tome of Furion, Seal of Ghrond,wielding a Shrieking Blade bearing an Ironcurse Icon and using Lore of Shadow

Core
    20 Repeater Crossbowmen with shields and a musician

21 Corsairs with the Sea Serpent Standard and Full Command, armed with additional hand weapons

Special
    20 Black Guard of Naggarond with Full Command, bearing the Banner of Murder and a Tower Master armed with Crimson Death

Rare
    2* Karond Kar War Hydras

Total of 1500

I'm fairly pleased with the list, overall it covers pretty much everything that needs covering (and has 2 Hydras). My only qualm is that I can't run a Master with the Hydra Banner in my Black Guard.

So, what do you guys think?

*Yeah, take that 375 Rare Cap!

Last edited by Karrain; July 18th, 2011 at 08:04.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Seems pretty good, can't find a fault with it at all.

Just an idea here: Why not drop a Crossbowman and give the Sorceress the Shrieking Blade? I'm guessing she's going in the Crossbows and if you're unlucky enough to get charged by something then you'll cause Fear, which has a chance of increasing their survivability. Just an idea, not a suggestion.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Yes, and if I do that I can also afford an ironcurse icon...

Okay, I'll edit that in, thaks Ravenblade.

Also, do you guys think that I could do better than Lore of Shadow? I prefer it to the alternatives as unlike Soulblight I can alternate, casting The Withering and Enfeebling Foe on alternate units (and I get Mindrazor and Pit of Shades). Also, I won't need to get a Focus Familiar and I get Mycopic Miasma (useful for shutting gun/bow lines down and helping me get rid of those Hellpits a lot more easily).
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Miasma to get rid of Hellpits??? I'll stick with 50 Witches and Hellebron with the Banner of Eternal Flame.

Metal would be a good alternative. Searing Doom is actually brilliant for killing Hydras if you cast the 20+ version (2D6 hits wounding on 4s and ignoring all it's saves), plus its great against knights etc for obvious reasons. Final Transmutation is deadly, Glittering Scales gives 3+ armour to your troops, Enchanted Blades makes your Black Guard hit stuff on 2s, makes your Corsairs as good as your Black Guard or makes a Hydra more stupid, whereas Plague of Rust and Transmutation of Lead lets your army have a field day by making your opponents more likely to die once you wound them. Even Golden Hounds has it's uses, like lone characters running about.

Fire is just brilliant if you can be arsed about being subtle. Hmmm....I have 7 Power Dice and 5 Fire spells, with nothing to cast at except a lone Wild Rider of Kournos. Oh well, 3D6 Fireball at him.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

+ Reply to Thread