<2000 2000pts Beginner Dark Elf - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Beginner Dark Elf

I'm just starting Dark Elves and this is my list.

One flank: Knights sheilded by crossbowmen

Centre has Black Guard sheilded by repeater bolt throwers and Executioners as a flanker

Other flank has the 30 spearment with the BSB which makes them cause fear, backed up with the Hydra.

This is the list:
    Lord
    High Sorceress Black Staff, Seal of Ghrond 345
    Master BSB, Heavy armour, SDC, Banner of Dread 153
    Troops
    30 Spearmen Shields, full command, Banner of Cold Blood 257
    11 Crossbowmen Crossbows, shields, musician 126
    11 Crossbowmen Crossbows, shields, musician 126
    Special
    16 Black Guard Full command 243
    10 Executioners Champion, musician 138
    6 Cold One Knights Full Command, Standard of Slaughter 237
    Rare
    2 Repeater Bolt Throwers 200
    1 War Hydra 175
    GRAND TOTAL 2000

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Hey man, welcome.

Sorry to start on a bit of a down-note, but please read the posting rules. You can't post the points costs for barebones units etc...so in your case that's just the Hydra and the Bolt Throwers...we all know the points costs anyway.

Your list looks good with the exception of the Black Staff and a couple of the Banner choices. The Black Staff isn't as good as it was (as you now have to spend dice to cast Bound Spells instead of the auto-casting) but it can have it's uses, such as drawing dispel dice.

The Dread Banner isn't too great....it's a lot of points for Fear (which again, isn't what it used to be...) whereas there is a Banner around the same price that gives Terror (in the BRB, again Terror isn't what it used to be). For the list you've got, I'd suggest forgoing the Magic Banner and giving him a Halberd and the Armour of Darkness instead, and spending any remaining points on a couple extra bodies for either Black Guard or Executioners.

The Standard of Slaughter is an OK Banner. Stick with it and see how it works. If it doesn't, swap it out and stick the Banner of Murder on your Black Guard. It works a treat.
    Also, the Banner of Eternal Flame is a good one to stick on either the Knights or the Executioners (if they had a Standard Bearer) for aiding them with monster hunting duties, which they are good at, allowing them to ignore Regen saves.

P.S. What lore is your Lvl 4 running with?

Overall I think it's a good list. I hope you have fun with it.
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THanks for the feedback. I've reaqaunited myself with the new rules and I've basicly had to throw out all but the most basic strategies.

Here is my list - what do you think?

The BSB goes with the spearmen. I am not sure what the optimum gear to give my sorceress is. The crossbowmen are suppose to rank up just before being charged, perhaps into 3 ranks of six, so I can have some ranks and some stand and shoot ability.

Characters
    Supreme Sorceress Lifetaker, Book of Ashur
    Master Battle Standard, heavy armour, SDC, Hydra Banner
    Troops
    29 Spearmen Shields, full command, Banner of Cold Blood
    20 Crossbowmen Full command, shields
    5 Harpies
    Special
    17 Black Guard Full Command, Lichebone Penant
    8 Shades Extra hand weapon
    6 Cold One Knights Full Command, Banner of Swifntess
    1 Cold One Chariot
    Rare
    1 War Hydra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Other than a few banner choices and magic items choices your army is looking good!

Instead of the Book of Ashur you could take the Pendant of Khaeleth on your level 4, this is great at mitigating miscast damage (S6 and S10 hits will always give her the equivalent of a 2+ ward save), plus, if she ever does get into combat it might also give your opponent a few headaches. What Lore are you going to use, by the way?

Your BSB set up isn't great, with that banner you really need him mounted to get him a 1+ save otherwise he is going to die far too easily. If you don't wish to include him with the Knights (best place for him with that banner, in my opinion) then he'd be much better off with protective gear - I use Armour of Darkness and the Dawnstone for mine, add a Halberd or Great Weapon to taste (even an additional hand weapon or Scourge, but these aren't quite as good).

Your Black Guard would be better off with the Banner of Murder (that's the banner I always give mine, anyway).

Other than a few personal preferences and the chariot, this is quite similar to one of my current armies

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Hey,

The Book of Ashur is a very good item to take. +5 to cast and dispel can certainly give your opponents a headache (on Morathi it's even better...+6 to cast is horrible, especially with Dark Magic). The Seal of Ghrond you gave her originally was a good choice, an extra Dispel Dice is definitely something worth having and it's an item I pretty much always take.

You can get away with your Master being lightly armoured, give him a shield at least, so he'll have a 3+ with a 6+ Parry (it's better than nothing, and Parry has saved my ass more times than I'd would have originally thought). With the Hydra Banner he would be better in your Black Guard.

The Banner of Murder, as said before, is the optimum Banner to give to your Black Guard, but if you want a cheap (and effective) Banner the best one is the Banner of Eternal Flame. Remember, it's not just about the flaming attacks as you also cause Fear in cavalry, chariots and warbeasts too (again, Fear isn't what it used to be, but that one time a Cavalry unit fails it's Fear check on it's charge....).
    Fantasy - Dark Elves, Warriors of Chaos \/ 40K - Word BearersChaos Space Marines

Vargarna i Vinterkylan
    Chaos Warriors Army Project

+ Reply to Thread