Desperatly Need Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Desperatly Need Help

I desperatly need help with my army. I mainly play High Elves and Tomb Kings, and both armies are really difficult for me to defeat. They always either blow me away with magic (High Elves mainly) or get destroyed by regenrating soldiers and Ushabti and Tomb Giant (Tomb Kings) Heres my army list so far, but I need some changes. All advice is very appreciated.

Sorceress
    Seal of Ghrond, Lvl 2

20 Spearmen
    Shields, Full command

12 Crossbowmen
    Shields

10 Corsairs

2 Reapeter Bolt Throwers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I'm also quite new to DE, but from my understanding of the races you play a too static army.
    Speed is one, perhaps the best, advantage you have.

With some fast or skirmishing units you will make life for the HE hard, for this I like the dark riders or the shades.

Against the TK I have no real idea, except get around his troops and catch his mages ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get dark riders like ASAP, they really rock and can annoy your opponents really bad. But avoid charging into squads that are unbreakable (like TK) or else u might get tied up. To avoid that upgrade them with repear cross bows. Corsairs are awesome against T3 units (most TK and ALL HE) but 10 might be a bit too little against a horde of skeletons. Get 25/20.

No need to give the cross bow men shields (if they can, I forgot) waste of points in my opinion. When you get into higher points, then get Cold one knights, which really rock when you can get the charge. They will break most living things, and will probably decimate entire regiments of undead. If you want more confirmed death, use cold one chariots as well. My opponent fields 6 cold one knights and 3 chariots, which is a bit overkill in my opinon, and he runs my squads down like there's no tomorrow.

Also, get some witch elves. Their like upgraded corsairs ( ithink) and can dish out massive amounts of damage against light armoured troops.

Generally I think your army is lacking speed, which dark elves are the best at, and offensive hitters. In your games, you probably get steam rollered by tons of enemies, or blasted to bits by range, or basically get charged and shot everywhere, while your trying to get to the enemy.

To sum up, it lacks speed. There

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valvaogan... what game sizes are you playing?...

anyways... as for HE they've the exsact same weekness as your DE. Namely low T and expensive troops.
    TK have their whole army centered on his characters.

As [LLCT]Kain said... your army is way to static. Dark riders for mobility and march blooking on the HEs... you'll need to kill of his mages asap! To do that use scouts and harpies, as they're very good at taking out mages.
    In HE chase, go after anything that's fast (eg. fast cavalry or flying stuff)... then you can just shoot your him to death.
    In TK chase continue to hunt his characters after that his army should fall apart. Shoot the Ushabtis and giants to death.

If you don't plan to use magic I recommend using 2 lvl1 sorceresses with seal of ghrond and scrolls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

A few play hints:

Keep the Reapers.

Spearmen with Corsairs/Executioners floating to either side of the Spearmen about 3 inches back. The Spearmen must be the closer, so that they draw the charge. Have the Corsairs/Executioners on either side of spears....based on enemy deployment.

Battle Standard Bearer on foot near both uints. He is there to get you the reroll, so that your anchor (Spearmen) hold the field.

Goal:

Spearmen draw the charge or make the charge. Should hold with two rolls (BsB nearby).
    Elites slam into the Flank of the unit that are engaged with the Spearmen. Negate his ranks and break him.

Troops/Character changes:

1. Drop Warrior/Repeaters and take the Coldone Chariot.
    2. Drop level 2 sorceress and take two level 1's. (One can be general) w/Seal of Ghrond and rest in dispell scrolls. (Use Dark Magic)
    3. Noble on the Chariot with Drachi magic item and a Repeater Xbow.
    4. Noble as the BsB on foot.. Heavy Armor and Seadragon cloak. (he can charge after anchor holds) Don't have him in a unit, but near the units. If a unit breaks your don't want him running away.
    Last edited by Romulus; September 6th, 2005 at 20:45.

+ Reply to Thread