2000 Point Cult Of Slaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Point Cult Of Slaanesh

Some Critique Please;

LORD
    Druchii Annointed, Chaos Armour, Great Weapon, Steed Of Slaanesh, Quickening Blood, Sophoric Musk, Heart Stone Of Darkness: 381

HERO
    Sorceress, Level 2, Mark Of Slaanesh, Seal Of Ghrond: 175

Sorceress, Level 2, Mark Of Slaanesh, Cold One: 176

CORE
    10 Devoted Of Slaanesh, Full Command, Speed Of Slaanesh: 160

20 Dark Elf Warriors, Full Command, Shields: 185

20 Mauraders of chaos, Full Command, Light Armour, Flails: 165

SPECIAL
    6 Dark Riders, Crossbows, Musician: 151

10 Cold One Knights, Mark Of Slaanesh, Full Command, Raptorous Standard: 405

RARE
    2 Bolt Throwers: 200

TOTAL: 1996

I would like the core units to be bigger; 15 Devoted, 25 Warriors, 20 Mauraders and I feel that the 2 sorceresses are wasted at the moment, and should have more items (at least a darkstar cloak, or possibly a few recall scrolls between them.

However trying to free up the points in this army is a nightmare. I keep looking at dropping a bolt thrower, or reducing the cold one knights to 8- but the fact is, that unit of 10 cold one knights is going to be able to kill anything it wants in close combat, and the "outnumbered by a fear causing enemy" rule combined with the crap toughness of cold one knights means 10 are more likely to get say 7+ to the enemy line, whereas if I took 8 or even less then its going to be 5+ that survive (or fewer) and the bolt throwers are just too useful in a game this size to get rid of.

I would greatly appreciate feedback (swop the cold one knights for chaos knights?)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm... I don't play CoS but here's what I think:
    Keep the Annointed... make your sorceress like this:
    Sorceress 1 + lvl2 + Crystal of Midnight + Dark Star Cloak + Dark Steed + Mark of Slaanesh - 207 Pts
    Sorceress 2 + lvl2 + Seal of Ghrond + Tome of Furion + Dark Steed - 182 Pts
    You will want to have one with dark lore... and mounting your sorceress on cold ones is baaad.
    ok here's how I think you should change your core:
    Devoted of Slaanesh 1 #10 + Standard + Musician - 138 Pts
    Devoted of Slaanesh 2 #10 + Standard + Musician - 138 Pts
    Warriors #20 + Mark of Slaanesh Shield + Standard + Musician - 195 Pts
    As devoted are flankers it's good to keep their units smal... and a mistress with speed of slaanesh is just overkill and a waste of pts- Another unit of devotes have greater punch than a unit of Mauraders with flails.
    As with your warriors, give them ark of slaanesh and remove the lording (again waste of pts)
    As for specials... I think a unit of 5 mounted daemonettes will provide good support to your cold one knights, as the daemonettes are nasty in CC and have a daemonic Sv. So replace the riders for them.
    Hm... I've never had any problem hiding my CoKs out of LOS or I've made my enemy pointed their shooting elsewhere. So my CoK are units of 5. But if you like units of 10 then go for it.
    Keep the boltthrowers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

That Anointed is the Lord of Cheese - said combo can defeat the 800-point Goldeneye/Staff/GreatWeapon Tzeentch Dragonlord.

It can kill an over 600-pt Nurgle Dragonlord, a unit of Knights w/Sorcerer and a Chariot - all in one game.
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teron
    That Anointed is the Lord of Cheese - said combo can defeat the 800-point Goldeneye/Staff/GreatWeapon Tzeentch Dragonlord.

It can kill an over 600-pt Nurgle Dragonlord, a unit of Knights w/Sorcerer and a Chariot - all in one game.
    well I think he's pretty much aware of that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the Lord....so much!

Sorceresses... we have model issues here I only have 1 sorc on foot and one on a cold one.

I prefer your core, you're right this is a better idea.

I totally disagree about the Steeds of Slaanesh replacing the dark riders, I would think the speed, flexibility, points and crossbows are more effective?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry for double post...
    Last edited by [LLCT]Kain; September 13th, 2005 at 13:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you could use your sorceress who is on the cold one and just put her on a dark steed.

Because you have only one unit of dark riders, and it doesnot make sense to put 2 sorceress in one unit you will be fine with just one mounted sorceress. Keep the secound close to your normal troops.

I personally like the mounted daemonettes but i would not replace the dark riders, because if you do so you have no unit to hide your mounted sorceress in (except the COKs) - this I think would be the major draw back of the discard of dark riders.
    As of this I would prefer to drop 5 COK in favor of 5 mounted daemonettes...

Just my 0.05$ -

How do you handle the awesome cost of the mounted daemonettes, 10 bucks each ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still going to go with the Cold One Knights- replacing them is simply not an option. I've consistantly found them to be a match winning unit, and putting a standard in the unit that halves the WS of anything that attacks them is simply horrible...

My only issue so far with this army is the lack of models, fighting say a high elf or even a regular dark elf army (a friend I regularly play takes dark elves) they aren't exactly going to have to look hard for targets.

A 5+ Save isn't exactly impressive or anything, and the expensive points value of Slaanesh mounted Daemonettes makes them a viable target.

*coughs* ebay *coughs* when it comes to buying the actual figures, I've got everything else in this army.

I'm still not sold on this army yet, what I'd ideally like I think is to drop the Sorc (both) down to level 1, have them tooled up for dispelling stuff, and just use my army in close combat? Rather an unusual combination I suppose for dark elves...maybe this army needs to go back to the drawing board *thinks*

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

a unit of 400pts that can go stupid?

i would never use marauders in that size, especially with only a 6+ save. i´d just throw em away and get 5 mounted daemonettes, these are just lovely and then you´re lord wouldnt be so lonely either.

dont know where you might want to get the points but a unit of shades wouldnt hurt this list(drop one DR and 2 knights perhaps).
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u could drop the Sorceress, Level 2, Mark Of Slaanesh, Cold One and make the Druchii Annointed a level 2 sorceror for 80pts saveing 96pts.

by the way what are u useings as your Druchii Annointed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast