2K DE (my first ever!) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2K DE (my first ever!)

Hello All,
    I've been playing chaos for quite sometime now and have just recently started a DE army. Since magic and shooting are not in my chaos army, I hope to get my fix with DE. So below is magic & shooting heavy and is meant to be static (hence no cavalry). Any feedback/advice will be appreciate, seeing this is my first attempt at DE

Lord:
    High Sorceress
    -Dark Pegasus
    -95 pts of magic items (can't remember the names at the moment. I'll add the later)

Heroes:
    Sorceress
    -2nd level
    -Dispell Scroll

Noble 120pts
    -Lifetaker
    -Blood Armour

Core:
    20 Warriors 160pts
    -shields
    -Mus & Std Bnr

20 Warriors 160pts
    -shields
    -Mus & Std Bnr

12 Warriors 132pts
    -Xbows

12 Warriors 132pts
    -Xbows

Special:
    Excutioners x15 195pts
    -FC

Excutioners x20 250pts
    -FC

Rare:
    Repeater Bolt Thrower x3 300pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first welcome to the DE realm...

hm... ok heres my oppinions:

DE w/o cavs are at a disadvantage IMO because the movement phase is the most important phase for DE. a smal unit of Dark Riders (5) wouldn't hurt, give them crossbows for a nice punch.
    I'm not a big fan of highsorceresses... you can easily make 2 tooled up sorceresses for the same pts of one tooled up highsorceress and you'll end up having more power and dispell dices. So I'd say have a highborn as lord (max ld is always nice) and 3 sorceresses. I'd mount the sorceresses on dark steeds to give your spells more range. But you can do as you wish there.
    The warriors with spears are nice decent 20 man blocks, but I'd advice on giving the crossbow men shields... as if they come into CC they'd have 4+sv and some chance on surviving.
    The executioners are flanking units... and that's their only role... so two big blocks of them isn't good... I'd advice on two 10 man blocks... and that's usually enough. Then I'd go for some shades or chariot(s) for more punch.
    The Boltthrowers are perfect rare choises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, other than what has been said, a musician in each of the crossbow units sure wouldn't hurt.
    Where's your Baritone Saxophone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

1. Reminder, the Sorceress on a monster or mount can be singled out in shooting. Yes, they are more mobile, but you gotta keep and eye on what can shoot at them.
    2. I agree with the Executioners in 2 units of 10. That frees up points and you can add Shields to X-bows.
    3. Consider a Banner of Murder in a Executioner unit. If you have the points, after adding the shields to the x-bows.
    4. With two units of ten Executioners. You may be able to get the Shields, 5 Dark Riders and a banner of Murder.
    40K: Tyranid, Necron, Space Wolves
    Fantasy: Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarves

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

i´d consider dropping the lifetakes, you will march or charge with your noble is most of the cases making it rather useless, it would do you more good with the high sorcesses.

2ndly perhaps tone down the 20 strong exec units to 12, remove the std and musican and add a units of 5 dark riders + musican.

you already have 2 big blocks, so that 12 strong exec unit will work as a good flank units while staying quite inexpencive.

looks pretty good otherwise :yes:

cheers dancey.
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

+ Reply to Thread