(2000) Dark Elf Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(2000) Dark Elf Army

Highborn; Gauntlet Of Power, Crown Of Black Iron, Repeater Crossbow, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Black Dragon
    =573

Sorceress; Level 2, Seal Of Ghrond, Dispel Scroll
    = 180

Sorceress, Level 2, Wand Of Kharaidon, Dark Steed
    = 182

Core;

5 Dark Riders, Musician, Repeater Crossbows
    = 127

= 127

= 127

= 127

Special;

10 Cold One Knights; Full Command, WarBanner
    = 360

Rare;

2 Bolt Throwers
    = 200

Army Total= 2003 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

ALOT of points in your characters you have :w00t:

only 5 units, 4 of them being extremely fragile(even more so in this army).

I would kill off one mage and either give her seal of ghrond + scroll or black staff + scroll.

i dont like to tell people that they should rearrange its just that when you pull out a big dragon you should make the list it.

what you´re list really could use is shades or harpies, annoyence and marchblockers in one.

i would also advocate towards taken one 5-6 strong unit of Cold one knights, if points are lacking perhaps drop the RBXs off one or two dark riders.

remember its only my words, take em as such

cheers dancey.
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm disagreeing with taking off a level 2 mage, 5 dispel dice in 2000 points I still consider pretty low- I'm debating dropping the highborn in favour of a high sorceress and a Dark Emmi', but this is a slightly revised list.

I agree a unit of shades would fit in nicely, but since my dark riders are going to be dancing around a lot I can't free up the points by dropping the X-bows as it reduces the tactical flexibility of my army.

Highborn; Gauntlet Of Power, Heartstone Of Darkness, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, Black Dragon.
    Total; 575

Sorceress; Level 2, Seal Of Ghrond, Dispel Scroll
    Total; 180

Sorceress; Level 2, Wand Of Kharad, Dark Steed
    Total; 182

Total; 127

Total; 127

Total; 127

12 Dark Elves, Shields
    Total; 204

8 Cold One Knights, Full Command
    Total; 335

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers
    Total; 200

ARMY TOTAL; 2002 pts

Gives me a stable back line of crossbows, bolt throwers and a sorc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok from my expreience dragons are rarely worth it... I mean really rarely worth it. A manticore does about the same damage as a dragon and cost lots of pts less.
    The mystic shield of light are better if you know your opponent isn't going to use light or high magic. although I think I'd trade it with a shield of ghrond for -1 str on all attacks (personally I think that making your opponent less likely to yound you is better than a 5+ ward).
    I make lords on dragon only for display hehe
    ok on to the army. You should really split your CoKs to 2 units of 5-6 like Danceman said. And I think you should remove one dark rider unit and put hose pts into a shade or harpie unit. I think the sorceresses are good.

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lack the figures to add in any harpies unfortunately, a unit of scouts I agree would be useful...hmm

If I dropped the highborn, and got a Dark Emmi- that leaves me around 338 points left to spend on a high sorceress.

I'd also jiggle around a bit with the 2 level 2 sorc's equipment-

Sorceress, level 2, wand of kharad, dark steed
    Sorceress, level 2, darkstar cloak, seal of ghrond

Gives me 15 powerdice and 9 dispel dice...Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you really want a dark emmisary(spelling? )?... but why? why take anything that isn't dark elf in a dark elf army?

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's an amusing character, I want to be losing a game and announce "I am casting the fog of death" and kill all my own men.

I think the fog of death should be 2d6 Str 6 hits to EVERY UNIT ON THE ENTIRE TABLE!!! It would be great having a doomsday device in an army Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPink
    Highborn; Gauntlet Of Power, Heartstone Of Darkness, Heavy Armour, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Repeater Crossbow, Black Dragon.
    Total; 575
    Well that character is illegal (Gauntlet Of Power and Heartstone Of Darkness is 105pts wargear and you are only allowed 100pts...).
    I say get rid of the dragon and get something else instead, have both sorceresses on Dark Steeds and reduce the unit of cold ones to 5 rather than 8 (and with the war banner maybe?).
    Also, try to fit in some Harpies and/or Shades as Danceman and Zhaf have already said with the spare points (if there are any...). You could as you said replace the highborn with a high sorceress (on a dark pegasi maybe?) and maybe that should free up enough points? (maybe you could even have 6 CoKs rather than 5?).
    Do those 12 Dark Elves have RXBs? If not then they seem a little pointless to me...
    I really don't know how you plan to use your army (I am new to Dark Elves, and in my only games I used 2 units of 20 spearmen which I thought I would need for some holding power in the army). If you plan on using magic to defeat your opponents units along with the Dark Riders and CoK attacking the flanks then I think it may be a good idea to have a High Sorceress and your 2 sorceresses for the magic power and shades and/or harpies to march block so your CoKs and Dark Rides can charge your opponent's unit's flanks. Along with your 2 reaper bolt throwers that sounds kinda fun to me!
    (But then again as I said I don't know how well that would work...I am inexperienced in the ways of Dark Elves :cry: ).
    I hope I was of some help, and good luck in completing your list and good luck in any battle you may fight :tongue:
    ....He is coming for YOU....
    "Master Bungle is right" - Stonehambey
    "Get out of my house Master Bungle!" - Victim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason the written copy I have says 40 points, I've double checked and you're correct HSOD is 45 points, so I'll swop that for a crown of black iron.

I need a hard hitting unit of COK's to balance out the fragile nature of the dark riders. The dark riders and warriors all have crossbows, forgot to write that bit.

Once again..Lol I don't have any harpies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could take out the unit of warriors, replace the higborn with a high sorceress on a dark pegasi and have both sorceresses on dark steeds, and with spare points you could have 2 units of CoKs of 5 strong in each...Just a suggestion, seeing as you don't have harpies (or shades?).
    ....He is coming for YOU....
    "Master Bungle is right" - Stonehambey
    "Get out of my house Master Bungle!" - Victim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast