2000 Cult of Slaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Cult of Slaanesh

Here is my list. Magic defence is a bit light, but I rarely face heavy-magic armies so I should be OK... no need for scrolls and seals etc.

The plan is to have the 3 infantry blocks form my center, with the annointed and the devoted at the middle, with the marauders at the wings of this block(to acts as flankers), and the spawn flanking them to intercept and tie up an enemy flank for a turn or two. On the other flank my DR's and CoK's ride ahead to smash missile units and maybe even roll up the flank should the enemy battle line falter. The reapers target enemy war machines and missile units to try to cover my advance.

Annointed chooses Dark magic to give some threatening damage spells (ideally I'd give him ToF but I can't find the points...), whilst the two slaaneshi sorceresses do their best to disrupt the enemy battleplan with their insidious magic, all the while targetting enemy ranged units with the wand.

Since my magic can control enemy melee units I can to some extent hope to pin down big scary combat units, so the basic plan is to go after anything with ranged attacks first, to make sure I don't loose too many troops in marching towards the enemy, and then pounce on isolated enemy units whilse their comrades stand by, staring at mirages of semi-naked women

1 Druchii Anointed @ 346 Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Great Weapon; Chaos Armour
    Quickening Blood

1 Sorceress @ 170 Pts (General)
    Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Lore of Slaanesh
    Darkstar Cloak

1 Sorceress @ 190 Pts
    Mark of Slaanesh; Magic Level 2; Lore of Slaanesh
    Wand of the Kharaidon

------------------------------

16 Devoted of Slaanesh with Mark of Slaanesh; 2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician; Mistress @ 234 Pts

16 Warriors with Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician @ 143 Pts

16 Warriors with Spear; Light Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician @ 143 Pts

10 Marauders with Flail; Musician @ 65 Pts

5 Shades with Repeating Crossbows @ 70 Pts

5 Cold One Knights with Lance; Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician, Dread Knight @ 190 Pts

5 Dark Riders with Spears and Musician @ 97 Pts

5 Chaos Furies @ 75 Pts

1 Fiend of Slaanesh @ 75 Pts

1 Reaper Bolt Thrower @ 100 Pts

1 Reaper Bolt Thrower @ 100 Pts

Casting Pool: 9 + WoK

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 89

Total Army Cost: 1998

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; December 30th, 2005 at 16:25.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x3)

i guess you will put your annointed in the devoted(seeing as they are the only ones with a mark) and your sorceresses roam alone.
    You have to have the same mark as the unit you join remember.

as for the list go i dont really see much i want to change, maybe drop on warrior unit for 5 mounted daemonettes but thats just a personal thing.

cheers dancey!
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think a unit of mounted daemonettes would boost my list a lot against shooty armies, however I'm worried that if I sacrafice a unit of warriors, my army will be too lacking in static CR, and so won't be able to break tough enemies like dwarves (where you really need to combine ranks and flanks to reliably rout their units).

However, I think that I could make up these points by removing a reaper bolt thrower and the shades, and replace them with a units of MD's. Alternatively I could keep the shades, and replace the reaper with a 2nd unit of Dark Riders, giving my army more manouverability, but less shootiness. I guess its a question of what is going to be most effective in removing threatening ranged units, and since I don't know I could do with some advice, otherwise, I'm going to have to find out the hard way :cry:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't lose the reapers their the best thing in your list at taking down hightoughness or armour rank or skirmishers it dosn't matter it but rapes them all if any thing add more!
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

+ Reply to Thread