[2000 point] first army list (shooty) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

[2000 point] first army list (shooty)

I am aiming for a rather shooty DE army. Please tell me if this list will not work. (Are 2 lvl 2 sorceresses enough in a 2k battle.. do I need 3??)

I realize 36 DE warriors is likey too much (I'd much rather have 30); however after reading through the forums it was suggested units of 12 to be an ideal number
    Quote Originally Posted by danceman
    why 12? well, with 12 you can reform them into 4x3 meaning +2 rank bonus and in combat you can use the hand weapon + shield bonus, in effect giving them a 4+ armour save in combat, not too bad i´d say.

however I would prefer to have more than 24.

3*12 DE Warriors (repeater crossbows) - 468
    6 DE Riders (repeater crossbows, musician) - 127

6 Shades - 84
    2*5 Cold One Knights (musician, standard bearer, dread knight) - 380

4 RBT - 400

DE Noble (lance, HA, shield, cold one, sea dragon cloak, black amulet) - 162
    Sorceress (lvl2, dispel scroll, darkstar cloak) - 175
    Sorceress (lvl2, dispel scroll, seal of ghrond) - 180

For the noble.. would a better combination be: (sheild of ghrond, sword of might?)
    Thnx for all suggestions.

My appologies if this list sucks; any and all help appreciated.

Err; I think I messed up the points value of the warriors (just found the update). Is the update legal in tournaments? If so I think I've charged myself 72 points extra (yes/no?). If so, 36 of the points will be allocated to giving each DE shields.

Last edited by unforgiven555; January 16th, 2006 at 20:19.

2. Remove Advertisements

The Dvl in Pale Moonlight danceman's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x3)

aye its legal, its as offical as it gets.
    so you have 70pts left to play with.

with these 70pts i suggest some harpies for march blocking and decoys to slow down your enemy once you shoot and magic him to pieces.

other than this it is fairly solid list, :yes:

one question thing, do you have shields on your RXB warriors? if not they arent all to fantastic anymore, still shoot just as good but paying 1 point for a 5+ save(4+ in combat really is worth it).

cheers dancey
    ""What's the matter? Don't ya like clowns? Don't we make ya laugh?" - Captain Spaulding.

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

4 (x1)

hmm the 12 in a unit seems ok but you are doing it for the wrong means in my opinion.. I mean you want 4x3 but that isnt the smartest thing to do because chances are they will kill atleast 1 guy in the first round of combat and you just lost that precious rank bonus you planned for.. Going for 12 is nice because you get 6x2. A semi solid +1 rank + the 2 extra men in the front. This is just what i think

+ Reply to Thread