1500 (Friendly Vs Dwarves) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 (Friendly Vs Dwarves)

I play a magic heavy shooty army, and after consultation with the new dwarf army list I realised my army would get utterly crushed and there'd be no fun for either myself or my opponent so I developed this army to try and have a crack at the new dwarves. I have little knowledge of what I am fighting against, so this is a generic dwarf army.

HEROES
    Noble, Heavy Armour, Shield, Lance, Sea Dragon Cloak, Cold One
    = 112pts

Noble, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Crimson Death (in chariot)
    = 115pts

CORE

10 Dark Elves, Crossbows
    = 110pts

10 Dark Elves, Crossbows
    = 110pts

20 Dark Elves, Shields, Full Command
    = 185pts

SPECIAL

18 Executioners, Full Command, Warbanner
    = 253pts

10 Cold One Knights, Full Command, Standard Of Slaughter
    = 370pts

Chariot, Spears
    = 97pts

RARE

2 Bolt Throwers
    = 200pts

TOTAL; 1552 (gotta get rid of 52 pesky points)

I can't quite work out how to beat the new dwarves yet, I'm aware that this army is quite weak, and am looking for suggestions.

MODELS
    What I don't have; Harpies, Witch Elves, Manticore

What I do have; Dark riders, Black Guard (using them as exec's though), Sorcs, Dark Pegasus (could be a noble).

Since it's under 2000pts, I can only have 3 special choices otherwise I'd split the exec's into two smaller units of 10. I can't see dark riders effectiveness against dwarves, possibly at shooting the crap out of slayers. If I multi-shot, long range etc I'll be hitting him on 5's with my crossbows, then toughness 4/5 and dwarf armour saves come into play...it's gonna be tough to hurt him

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well.. i have not played the new dwarves yet so my info may be as good as your own lol.. but you have the right idea on either no magic or heavy magic. personally if he isnt taking to much magic defense like runesmiths or whatever they are called magic heavy might be more effective.

With magic in mind the darkstar cloak + wand of doombolt will make a nice friend. Im not sure if you have any shades but maybe some of those will help. You seem to be packing a heavy hitting special list but im afriad you might be looking at it the wrong way.. You are trying to beat him at his own game.. smashing heavy metal with more heavy metal when really the dwarves have you beat before you started.

Ill try to explain a little more what I mean. Instead of taking the all the heaviest units we have take some faster lighter ones. Sure your big cold ones with big exec can hold for a bit but a unit of 5 cold ones on the flank of the exec then maybe some dark riders on the flank of the dark elf block might be a bit better. So instead of hitting with 1 really hard unit use 2 semi hard hitting units.

Hope it helps a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His 1500pt force apparently has about 10 dispel dice (including stealing one of my power dice), with 1 bound spell and 10 dice to dispel it- I am sceptical that it's going to work

I just can't see dark riders doing anything against dwarves, I could take a fast moving cavalry army- but str 4 reliable shooty stuff is just going to mince them up.

I don't think str 3 weaponry is the way to go, hence me maxing out on str 5 stuff (execs, chariot, cold one knights).

Even my bolt throwers will be relying on single rather than multi shot.

+ Reply to Thread