1000 pt friendly.. but competetive (hopefully) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

1000 pt friendly.. but competetive (hopefully)

Let me know what you think of this list:

HERO:

Lvl 2 Sorceress-- Darkstar cloak & seal of ghrond -175pts

CORE

20 spearmen () shields () full command () -185pts

10 warriors () crossbows () musician () shields -125pts

10 warriors () crossbows () musician () shields -125pts

5 Dark riders - Repeater crossbows- musician - 127

SPECIAL

5 cold one knights-- banner -163 pts

RARE

Bolt thrower -100pts

TOTAL = 1000 exactly

Basically im hoping the shooting units & magic can deal out some damage at range, while the defensive spearmen keep them safe. and the cold one knights and riders can go harrass the enemy(flanks or unsupported units etc)

Any thoughts? Are there any upgrades i should have but dont have. or any uprages i have but shouldnt have? etc etc

cheers

~Individual points values removed, don't post them please~

/strewart

Last edited by strewart; February 13th, 2006 at 08:32.
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Nice list!

It's actually very similar to the list i field with a few exceptions.

Ok, first up i would suggest dropping at leat the musicians from the X-bow warriors or even dropping the command group all together. I know that the possibility of them getting into combat is still there but hopefully the points you save can be better utilised spent elsewhere.

With the extra points i would give the sorceress a mount, it's not much but it affords her a small armour save of 6+ and an effective movement of 18'' while still being able to cast.

If you choose to drop all command from the X-bow warriors you should add in full command for the cold one knights and, if you have the points, a war banner. this is simply to add to their combat res. and makes them that much more effective and dangerous.

Other than that it seems a nice list that would fare well against most (if not all) opponents,

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

thanks for the feedback

i like the idea of the sorceress having better movement, but unfortunately i hate the look of the mounted version lol. i could however spend the points on more spell upgrades & defences for her? would that be a good idea too?

im a little worried about the cold ones stupidity test, i dont want them to go attacking my own archers.. so i think i will keep them well away from them..

what units should i include if i expand it to 1500? i was thinking about putting in a war hydra for some more hard hitting toughness (which elves lack). maybe a noble on cold one to join the knights or a second mounted sorceress. and maybe another Reaper bolt thrower or CC infantry unit.
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Firstly, i don't particularly like the look of a mounted sorceress either, i think that the wood elves have some female looking riders and i was looking at those for conversions.

Also, in 1500 i rarely bother with the addition of a noble to the cold one knights as with the updated rules their leadership of 9 puts them on par with the noble rendering him useless! he is far better suited to other roles.

The war hydra is how many points? I usually try to avoid using this model as it just isn't worth it (in my mind) but if your looking for some hard hitting units then perhaps you should consider the chariots.

with their new 2 for 1 rule you can field 2 as a single special choice, then, stick a noble with heavy armour, sea dragon cloak and great weapon in the back and you have a VERY nasty combat unit, especially on the charge. (also because of teh chariot both nobles get +2 to their armour saves).

I know that 1500 is getting close to 2000 points which is a relatively large battle but it just doesn't click with most people and so they are generally still adding in rare and special choices. So if you choose to add moe infantry then that is great. My army has a unit of 18 executioners and, occasionalyl, the BSB carrying the Hydra banner.

Bolt throwers are wonderful war machines and are also a 2 for 1 choice, highly recomended.

It's purely up to personel taste but i also try too stick in another lvl 2 sorceress with the wand of kharaidon OR a couple of ddispell scrolls. This is usually enough to give you massive magical superiority.

Hope thats food for thought,

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

hmm. plenty of food for thought.. i like the look of the hydra more than the chariot but i still like the chariot so im happy tp go with that.. however i have a question.. where the hell do you get nobles? i havent actually seen any for sale.. and the only pic iv seen of one looks like they just used a cold one knight model. ?

Another question.. roughly how many points do dragons cost? im not asking for exact, just a ball park idea, like to the nearest hundred.

And finally, is Malekith the only Dark Elf who can ride the black dragon? or can any character be mounted on a dragon as long as you fork out the points? id love to use malekith but some people & tournaments have probs with special characters, so if i could put a noble or something on a dragon that would be awesome..

And yes i will definately take a second Lvl 2 sorceress

cheers for the help captain
    W L D
    21 5 5

+ Reply to Thread