[1000] Dark Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x5)

[1000] Dark Elves

Sorceress
    -Lvl 2
    -Seal of Ghrond
    -Dark Star Cloak
    175pts

20x Warriors
    -Shields
    -Full Command
    185pts

20x Warriors
    -Shields
    -Full Command
    185pts

10x Warriors
    -Crossbows
    110pts

5x Dark Riders
    -Crossbows
    120pts

5x Dark Riders
    -Crossbows
    120pts

Reaper Bolt Thrower
    100pts

Well, this is my first shot at Dark Elves. I wanted to try out a new army (veteran of VC and Bret.) and these guys seemed pretty interesting. It was either DE or Orcs, DE seemed a little more tactically advanced and I love the models.

Last edited by [Black] Katalyst; February 21st, 2006 at 22:16.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

Pretty nice list, but I do not think full command is neccesary on dark riders, they are fast cavalry. They would be better suited with X-bows and maybe a musician. They are not really a cc monster, leave that to warriors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

Very good point. I droped the full command on each and gave them cross bows.

There was a mistake on my part, they were posted at 122pts with full command, it should have been 125...:ninja:

Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

with 10 dark riders & warriors with crossbows, and a bolt-thrower, you have a decent shooting foundations.
    the 40 spearmen will be great for defending your ranged units.

So you have good shooting and defence but lack offence.
    I would suggest dopping one squad of darkriders and making one spearman squad down to 16. this would give you enough points for a 5 man squad of cold one knights, with them in your list you would then have some decent hard hitting offence.

The other option would be to drop 20 spearmen and replace them with 15 corsairs. then use the spearmen to defend the shooters and send out the corsairs to support the cold ones and dark riders in offence.

Take a look at my 1000pt list on this page, it will give you a good idea of what i mean.

Dont take my word as gospel though lol im hardly a veteran. I just dont think its the DE style to not have any fast hard hitting units.

if you expand beyond 1000 points i would suggest taking more hard hitting stuff, like cold one chariots with a lord riding it. Or maybe a War hydra if you go above 1500.

good luck
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by DA_recruit
    So you have good shooting and defence but lack offence.
    I would suggest dopping one squad of darkriders and making one spearman squad down to 16. this would give you enough points for a 5 man squad of cold one knights, with them in your list you would then have some decent hard hitting offence.

The other option would be to drop 20 spearmen and replace them with 15 corsairs. then use the spearmen to defend the shooters and send out the corsairs to support the cold ones and dark riders in offence.

if you expand beyond 1000 points i would suggest taking more hard hitting stuff, like cold one chariots with a lord riding it. Or maybe a War hydra if you go above 1500.
    -When I was making this list, I was leaning a little towards the defensive side.

-I see what you 're saying about having a unit of Corsairs or Cold Ones.

-As I expand to 1500, I'm getting 2x Chariots, 5x Cold One Knights and another Bolt Thrower.

Thanks for the tips. DE is a totally new army to me, so I've been trying to see what works well with my style and theres. This list is not final, its only a step in the door.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Excellent choices for your expanded 1500 points!!

May i suggest that if you have the points to stick a couple of nobles in the backs of those chariots with great weapons, always a nasty suprise if you don't get the charge.

be carefull with corsairs, i have a unit of 20 and whilst they look really cool and can march right into the face of enemy fire they are expensive pointswise (compared to warriors) and money wise! If you go with corsairs try to keep them in smaller unit sizes with just enough models to gain outnumbering bonuses and ranks, give them a standard and the war banner and your set.

DE rock my socks and my jocks simultaeneously!!

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain.Snowball
    Excellent choices for your expanded 1500 points!!

May i suggest that if you have the points to stick a couple of nobles in the backs of those chariots with great weapons, always a nasty suprise if you don't get the charge.

be carefull with corsairs, i have a unit of 20 and whilst they look really cool and can march right into the face of enemy fire they are expensive pointswise (compared to warriors) and money wise! If you go with corsairs try to keep them in smaller unit sizes with just enough models to gain outnumbering bonuses and ranks, give them a standard and the war banner and your set.

DE rock my socks and my jocks simultaeneously!!

Regards
    Thanks. I do love the chariots. You should check out my new tourney list, it has corsairs and chariots. Let me know what you think.

+ Reply to Thread