My Dark elf army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

My Dark elf army

I posted this in the main Dark elf section first, But i guess I should have posted it here so I will just cut and paist what I have right now.

I was thinking about starting a new army soon, and I was thinking about Dark Elfs and came up with a pretty cool list to use. I was wondering what you guys think about it, if it would do good at a tournament, yet still be pretty friendly and not have people scream cheese. Well here it is.

Noble (1#, 160 Pts)
    Extra Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Sea Dragon Cloak; Hate High Elves
    1 Cold One
    Web of Shadows, Seal of Ghrond

Noble (2#, 181 Pts)
    Heavy Armor; Shield; Hate High Elves
    Dark Pegasus
    Lifetaker, Ring of Hotek

Sorceress (1#, 192 Pts)
    Level 2 Upgrade; Hate High Elves, Dark Steed
    2 Dispel Scroll

Sorceress (1#, 167 Pts)
    1 Dispel Scroll

Warriors (10#, 110 Pts)
    Repeater Crossbow; Light Armor; Hate High Elves

Warriors (10#, 110 Pts)

Dark Riders (6#, 144 Pts)
    Repeater Crossbow; Spear; Light Armor; Fast Cavalry; Hate High Elves
    6 Dark Steed

Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Spear; Light Armor; Fast Cavalry; Hate High Elves
    6 Dark Steed

6 Dark Steed

Cold One Knights (6#, 219 Pts)
    Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Lance; Heavy Armor; Shield; Hate High Elves
    1 Dread Knight
    6 Cold One
    Causes Fear; Stupid

Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Lance; Heavy Armor; Shield; Hate High Elves
    1 Dread Knight
    6 Cold One
    Causes Fear; Stupid

2 Bolt-throwers 200pts

Total Roster Cost:1996

There isn't much of a battle line per say for this army, the crossbowmen and bolt-throwers will be deployed on hills, or where ever possible to have good line of sight, the 3 units of Dark Riders will ride circle around block units and pepper them with bolts. The 2 cold one units are my main hitting force smashing in units in the face, one of them will be joined by a noble to boost combat a bit, hopefully using his web of skulls to rack up some extra wounds in a challenge against a champion who is easily killed and get some over kill for some extra CR. the sorceresses will ride around casting spell but mainly attempting to dispell enamy magic. My noble will attempt to get in close to mages and take them out with his lifetaker crossbow, or if there in units get close to march block and keep them within 6" so they can miscast with the seal on him. So what do you guys think, would this do alright at a tournament and is it a good list or to "cheesy"?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Noble (1#, 160 Pts)
    Extra Hand Weapon; Heavy Armor; Sea Dragon Cloak; Hate High Elves
    1 Cold One
    Web of Shadows, Seal of Ghrond
    I would drop the web of shadows and give him a lance instead of 2nd hand weapon. +2 strength on the charge can really hurt your opponent, it also gives him the capability to hurt monsters etc if the need arises, rather than being stuck with str4 for the whole game.

Noble (2#, 181 Pts)
    Heavy Armor; Shield; Hate High Elves
    Dark Pegasus
    Lifetaker, Ring of Hotek
    Im not a fan of the ring of hotek, bcoz if the mage is alone and you were within 6" then you would just charge anyway & kill him, no ring needed. But if hes in a group then you cant target him directly with shooting and charging wont kill him until the others are dead. not only that, but if you sit within 6" then the enemy squad will simply charge you.

Sorceress (1#, 192 Pts)
    2 Dispel Scroll
    You dont need to state 'hate high elves' for every unit, its standard.
    drop 1 dispell scroll and give her a darkstar cloak

Sorceress (1#, 167 Pts)
    1 Dispel Scroll
    Im not 100% sure but i dont think you can take doubles of any item. In any case i would still drop it anyway and take a tome of furion or wand of kharadion. Go more offensive with your mages, not defensive. 1 dispell scroll & 1 seal of ghrond will be enough magic defence.

Warriors (10#, 110 Pts)
    Again, you dont need to list standard equipment, only extra upgrades.
    this is good. keep em.

Warriors (10#, 110 Pts)
    Same as above

6 Dark Steed
    Hand Weapon; Repeater Crossbow; Spear; Light Armor; Fast Cavalry; Hate High Elves
    6 Dark Steed
    6 Dark Steed
    This is the 'cheesy' part of your list, yes they are very very good but 3 units is over-kill.
    Take 2. I would suggest using the points (along with afew from somewhere else) on a unit of either 15 corsairs or 20 warriors with spears & shields.
    The most common problem i see with DE lists are the lack of CORE numbers. You need some expendable wounds, if everything is super-elite then you cant afford to lose anything, and u WILL lose things..
    Yes, spearmen are weak.. but you still need 'em.

Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Lance; Heavy Armor; Shield; Hate High Elves
    1 Dread Knight
    6 Cold One
    Causes Fear; Stupid
    Ok these are good, but the upgrades need a little work. In my opinion dread knights are simply too expensive to be worth 1 lousy extra attack, the points are put to better use on a standard bearer. They also dont really need a musician, since their Ld is very high. For the same reason they dont really need a noble with them either, but it cant hurt.

Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Lance; Heavy Armor; Shield; Hate High Elves
    1 Dread Knight
    6 Cold One
    Causes Fear; Stupid
    Same as above.

2 Bolt-throwers 200pts
    Nice. these have killed dozens of guys/cavalry in the few games ive played.

Total Roster Cost:1996

There isn't much of a battle line per say for this army, the crossbowmen and bolt-throwers will be deployed on hills, or where ever possible to have good line of sight, the 3 units of Dark Riders will ride circle around block units and pepper them with bolts. The 2 cold one units are my main hitting force smashing in units in the face, one of them will be joined by a noble to boost combat a bit, hopefully using his web of skulls to rack up some extra wounds in a challenge against a champion who is easily killed and get some over kill for some extra CR. the sorceresses will ride around casting spell but mainly attempting to dispell enamy magic. My noble will attempt to get in close to mages and take them out with his lifetaker crossbow, or if there in units get close to march block and keep them within 6" so they can miscast with the seal on him. So what do you guys think, would this do alright at a tournament and is it a good list or to "cheesy"
    As i said, 3 dark rider squads is over-kill and you we be penalised for 'cheese' at most tournaments, and you get bonuses for having good amounts of Core units too. So take my advice on that, if nothing else. The only way around 3 units of dark riders if you made up some background story for your army and gave it a name so that the units fit the 'theme' for example, a theme that fits an army of fast moving cavalry, such as a lightning-fast raiding party.
    Use the Sorceresses offensively, but dont send them riding around alone or they will be shot to death, keep em within 5" of a friendly unit and they cant be targeted directly by shooting. For the same reason they probably dont BOTH need steeds, 1 could tag along with the dark riders and the other could tag along with the corsairs, or stay back with the crossbow warriors.
    Last edited by Manu_Forti; April 10th, 2006 at 10:34.
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

+ Reply to Thread