<1000 Army, help ^^ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<1000 Army, help ^^

Ok so i havn't got DE army book at the moment but will have soon! so not sure on points. But not HUGE. Any suggestions or critisisms much appreaciated!:yes:

20 Warriors (all spearmen, full command)
    5 Dark Riders (full command)
    10 executioners (full command)

1 RBT
    12Corsairs (full command)

-later on, increase with
    5 more Dark riders
    1 sorceress on Cold One or Dark Steed

Shades + Heroes (Manticore + assasins)

Please excuse my mass ignorance to some of the specific rules only recently got into fantasy (was into 40k a couple years back).
    I'm not so clear on the rules with special characters. I have Manus Darkblade on foot, though converted to dual wield with a morning star in his left hand, but i havn't got the Army book so didn't know if his sword is a great one. Or does this conversion completely elminate his special character rules and make him a Noble?(was thinking of adding him to executioners)
    Any advice on a general and battle standard, and other hero's or special characters would be appreciated.

My plan here was to have the spearmen be the frontal attacks, allowing the executioners, corsairs and/or dark riders flank them. the RBT would offer ranged support and riders could go behind lines to take care of war machines, or corsairs could provide as secondary tank. I was thinking perhaps some assasins ( or even shadowblade), or shades would be nice for some extra damage. Later on the sorceress will be nice ( one with high level rather then 2 with lower levels) and Manticore will be a big target to hit frontal and take most the damage.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay first of all dark elves can't even use morning stars and malus dark blade isn't armed with one either
    third spearmen aren't that great but i would let them either take a charge or charge with the dark riders of the flank to negat the rank bonus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

20 Warriors (all spearmen, full command)
    5 Dark Riders (full command)
    10 executioners (full command)
    Dark riders dont need full command, only take the musician, the other 2 upgrades are a waste of points on them. the spearmen can do without the lording if you need 10 points somewhere else. its only handy to have if u have a character in the unit too. then it can accept challenges for him (same principle applies to any unit).
    The executioners are fine. but make them 12. and whatver you do DONT get them charged!

1 RBT
    12Corsairs (full command)
    Good. 15 would be better, but 12 is ok.

-later on, increase with
    5 more Dark riders
    1 sorceress on Cold One or Dark Steed
    Shades + Heroes (Manticore + assasins)
    well you need to do some of this "later on" stuff right now. bcoz you are required to have atleast 1 hero.. so you need to take a sorceress or a noble.
    If u take a sorceress, either take her on foot or a dark steed, never a cold one.
    You cant put assasains on a manticore, its has to be a beastmaster or a highborn riding it. but you cant take a highborn until 2000+ points.

Please excuse my mass ignorance to some of the specific rules only recently got into fantasy (was into 40k a couple years back).
    I'm not so clear on the rules with special characters. I have Manus Darkblade on foot, though converted to dual wield with a morning star in his left hand, but i havn't got the Army book so didn't know if his sword is a great one. Or does this conversion completely elminate his special character rules and make him a Noble?(was thinking of adding him to executioners)
    Any advice on a general and battle standard, and other hero's or special characters would be appreciated.
    Dont bother with special characters.. they generally arent worth the high points cost. if youve already baught malus, then use him to represent a noble on a cold one. and get a squad of cold ones.

My plan here was to have the spearmen be the frontal attacks, allowing the executioners, corsairs and/or dark riders flank them. the RBT would offer ranged support and riders could go behind lines to take care of war machines, or corsairs could provide as secondary tank. I was thinking perhaps some assasins ( or even shadowblade), or shades would be nice for some extra damage. Later on the sorceress will be nice ( one with high level rather then 2 with lower levels) and Manticore will be a big target to hit frontal and take most the damage
    Dont take shadow blade. assasains are cool and fun but in game terms they tend to be a waste of points. & you will actually find that 2 lower lever sorceresses works out to be more economic than 1 maxed out high level one.

As for your strategy, with DE either go ALL OUT offensive or ALL OUT defensive. if u try to be half way between the two you will find they hinder eachother.

Offensive: alot of fast hard hitting units like dark riders, cold one knights, chariots, corsairs etc.. with not alot of shooting. Hero's tend to be close combat style nobles rather than mages. but DE magic is very good and theres always a place for it in any DE force.
    General idea is to use you speed to control when & where the fighting occurs. put your opponent on the back foot from the word go and never let up. kill them with speed & skill before they have a chance to hit back. bcoz when they do, itll hurt (elves can give a good punch but cant take one)..

Defensive: LOTS of shooting & magic. basically stay still & shoot (& spells) to weaken your enemy while they advance towards you. They are most likely superior to you in Close combat, so shooting a third of their army dead is a good way to balance out the odds. Once they get too close, send the units of spearmen etc out to counter attack and keep the enemy away from the ranged units. & cast spells into the combat. Generally dont spend too many points on close comat oriented heroes in this type of army. 1 noble & 2 Level 2 sorceresses is enough.

I recommend you get the codex ASAP.

cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

+ Reply to Thread