Power Dice 11
Dispel 7

See less See more
#2 ·
High Sorceress @ 430 pts
Mark Of Slaanesh, Dark Pegasus,
2 Dispel Scrolls, Dark Star Cloak, Seal Of Grond
*whistles*.. thats expsensive.
I think having a level 4 with 20" flying movement would be pretty deadly & heaps of fun.. but i worry about how safe she would be. she couldnt really hide near any unit. if she was on a regular dark steed she could go with the dark riders.
If she's sitting there on here own, your opponent could snap up 430 victory points with a well placed shot or 2. not to mention the penalties for losing your general.

(as i will mention below, maybe get rid of one scroll)

Sorceress @ 180 pts
Dispel Scroll, Power Stone
Im sure you mean a level 2.. right?
hmm. unless you are playing against high elves alot, 4 dispell scrolls seems a little crazy.. wasting that much points on dispel stuff means your opponent wont even HAVE to cast magic to hurt you, bcoz youve already hurt yourself by draining 125 points on dispel items..

I would suggest keeping the seal of ghrond and 1 scroll (2 maximum). Then give this sorceress black staff and power stone.. its always nice to confuse your opponent when you roll 4-5 Power dice for a level 2 mage ;)

Sorceress @ 190 pts
Mark Of Slaanesh
Tome Of Furion, Dispel Scroll
again, im sure you mean level 2.
As i said above, probably drop this scroll. and the tome of furion would be better off on your level 4. You risk taking a 430 point level 4 and ending up with 2 crappy spells like chillwind and dominion. having the tome gives her a good chance of getting the powerful ones too, and therefore not being a waste.

This is how my sorceresses look on my 'super magic' type list:
Level 4, dark steed, darkstar cloak, tome of furion
Level 2, power stone, black staff
Level 2, seal of ghrond, dispell scroll

that gives you a level 4 with good movement, 3 spells & 5 power dice. and a level 2 which can be maxed out in 1 turn to have the power of a level 4. and the third is just there for the extra dice, and to hold the dispel items. also gives you plenty of dispel

Noble @ 289 pts
Mark Of Slaanesh, Dark Pegasus, Chaos Armour,
Enchanted Shield, Lance, Wand Of Kharaidon
I would get rid of the wand. & im not too sure about the chaos armour & enchanted shield.. can you have both?? seems like trying to take 2 suits of heavy armour :wacko:

in my opinion lances arent the best choice for expensive characters, they only get the extra strength on 1 or 2 turns.. i find taking a great weapon and always having the extra strength is much better. you will always be the one charging so you should hit first and hopefully kill any characters capable of killing him back.
If you are CoS cant you give him a great weapon & quickening blood? or is that only for annointed?

Core

12 Devotees Of Slaanesh @ 199 pts
Full Command
Warbanner

6 Shades @ 94 pts
Mark Of Slaanesh

6 Shades @ 94 pts
Mark Of Slaanesh

6 shades @ 94 pts
Mark Of Slaanesh

Special

6 Mangil Manhide's Manflayers @ 287 pts

6 Dark Riders @ 151 pts
Repeater Crossbows
Musician

6 Chaos Furies @ 90 pts
How does 6 manflayers cost nearly 300 points!!??:O they'd better be good!!
anyway, overall i would have to say the low numbers look a little risky. particularly the shades. the demonettes are ok but a little on the expensive side due to the warbanner.

YOu have some good flank chargers here. but no real units for tieing up an enemy unit to ENABLE you to flank charge. i think you need a unit of spearmen or something just to give you the staying power to hold the enemy still, while you set up the flankers.

#3 ·
This list will revolve around picking off points bit by, and avoiding major combats where ever possible. So I don't plan on seeing too much combat, or at least not that wouldn't be on my own terms. I always could add a second unit of devotees for more backbone.

here's my thoughts on the caracter selection. I guess I overloaded on scrolls, so I'll drop 2 on the high sorceress, and provide her with a 4+ ward. Also I am using the lore of slaanesh, not the dark lore with her.

The noble is shock troop. He will do either 2 things. Fly around zaping units or charging warmachines. The other will be to charge units with mages in them, and pick them off, and flee on 3d6 beyond that.

The manflayers include a caracter, mangil and is magical banner.

I am thinking of including a unit of slaanesh cold one knights, with the dark shadow banner. (right name?) this would leave my opponent the impression that my unit cannot flee (immune to psychology) but they can, and not only that, they automatically rally at the end of the move ! (if they are still alive)

#4 · (Edited)
as far as i can tell Mengil's cant be part of a CoS listing. i could be wrong
also, non spell casters can use the Wand? thought you had to have a caster level to use these type of items.

if you get your spells off you'll be ok. if not.... you're gonna loose the game fast.

i would suggest taking out any heavy troops, like cavelry, of the oppenent's 1st thing. you have nothing that will stop a tough unit.

focus your shooting on his core/no armor troops because S3 wounding isnt easy on anything else.

would be a fun army to play, and annoying one to fight lol. gl

in my opinion lances arent the best choice for expensive characters, they only get the extra strength on 1 or 2 turns.. i find taking a great weapon and always having the extra strength is much better. you will always be the one charging so you should hit first and hopefully kill any characters capable of killing him back.
If you are CoS cant you give him a great weapon & quickening blood? or is that only for annointed?
yes, the upgrades (quickening blood, musk etc) are for the anointed only. he counts as a lord choice, but cannot be the general. general MUST be a slaneesh spell caster.

#6 ·
Well, this list is different alright. It can't stand up in a straight fight. It has quite a bit of movement and harassment possibilities, but relying on the lore of slaanesh to destroy the enemy army seems contrary to the slanneshian ideals.

Slaanesh, IMO, need to be used to fight like a druchii is described as fighting in an arena duel. First you tire your opponent, then you paralyze them, then you decapatate them. The lore of slaanesh is most adept at the second of these things. It can perform the first part of this weakly with a few spells, and the decapitation is almost missing from the lore of slaanesh. Based on this, I would reccomend building a list that, outside of the magic portion, forcuses on tireing the enemy (i.e. speed and harassment) and execution (i.e. heavy cavalry). The way I see your list as operating, it has too much harrassment and paralyzation, but it dosn't have that final, decapitating blow that will let you win.

Oh, and Dogs of War arn't even a part of the CoS army list.

#7 ·
Thaks for the feedback. The manflayers are leaving either way ( I think they can be fielded in a cult of slaanesh list, but I will have to check that) for a unit of cold one knights.

I know that Morathi is the shiznit (to quote a friend) but I am avoiding special caracter in toutnament play, you tend to be marked down for it.

I am thining though to toss the High Sorceress for the Anointed. Make him a level 2 mage, and drop down to 9 power dice, but have a bit more spine in combat. I can balance tis out with some power stones.

The wand of Kharaidon is an enchanted item, not an arcane item. it can be taken by any model that as access to enchanted items.

I also could always drop in another unit of devotees ?

#8 ·
I like the idea of small units of shades but watch out they could be ineffective or give ur opp easy vps as they can be taken out in one phase. Don't know anything about manflayers, but ur dark riders and furies could do with being ditched, furies cos there crap and dark riders in favour of fast cavalry that can do something, like mounted deamoneeites, who needs to fly when you can run like the wind, sure they aint go repater crossbows but ask yourself are dark riders really worth that much points for damage they do?

Furthewrmore Watch out against armies with big guys, and artillery. Cos if the only thing that can hit hard are your flayers watch out cos there gonna get hit with everything and then some, i know as in my CoS army the main battle line unit is a unit of Coldones, and i'm yet to get to use them as my oppnent willl used magic and missiles 2 crippple that unit so don't put all your eggs in one basket, unless its protected by a charecter with some jiggery pokery.;-)

#9 ·
yes, grand master overcannon stated what i was thinking about the slaneesh magic. the only damaging spell is blissful throes (magic missle). the rest are to put the enemy where you want him, or make him vulnerable in combat. you need some heavy combat. consider chaos warriors with 2 hand weapons to replace your faulty manflayers. and/or a walloping unit of chaos knights since you didnt take a single rare :cry:

#10 ·
Ok, I've taken into account the advice given out, and here's what I came up with. Also keep in mind that I am trying to keep the blessed number of slaanesh on each units, wich is not an easy task.

Lords & Heroes

High Sorceress @ 425 pts
Lv 4 Caster, Mark Of Slaanesh, Pegasus, Darkstar Cloak,
Heart-Stone Of Darkness, Dispel Scroll

Sorceress @ 180 pts
Lv 2 Caster, 2 Dispell Scrolls

Noble @ 209 pts
Mark Of Slaanesh, Pegasus, Chaos Armour,Halberd,
Reapeter Crossbow, Wand Of Kharaidon

Core

12 Devotees Of Slaanesh @ 199 pts
Full Command
Warbanner

6 Shades @ 94 pts
Mark Of Slaanesh

6 Shades @ 94 pts
Mark Of Slaanesh

6 Shades @ 94 pts
Mark Of Slaanesh

10 Warriors @ 115 pts
Crossbows
Musician

Special

6 Furies @ 90 pts

6 Cold One Knights @ 289 pts
Mark Of Slaanesh
Full Command
Soul's Shadow Standard

Rare

2 Reaper Bolt Throwers @ 210 pts
Mark Of Slaanesh

total 1999
Power Dice 9
Dispel 5
Models 63

#12 ·
You still don't have me convinced that that list will hold up perfectly. I would like to see a Druchii Anointed as a level two wizard. Then take two level 2 sorceresses, and give one a black staff. Thn you will have another good unit.

The other thing I don't like about the list is the incorproation of shades. Those shades just make me nervous about the staying power of your list. I would really reccomend 3-4 units of crossbowmen with shields, musicians, and lordlings. Then MSU it up. I like MSU, and i'm liking it more and more all the time.

#13 ·
Grand Master Overcannon said:
You still don't have me convinced that that list will hold up perfectly. I would like to see a Druchii Anointed as a level two wizard. Then take two level 2 sorceresses, and give one a black staff. Thn you will have another good unit.

The other thing I don't like about the list is the incorproation of shades. Those shades just make me nervous about the staying power of your list. I would really recomend 3-4 units of crossbowmen with shields, musicians, and lordlings. Then MSU it up. I like MSU, and i'm liking it more and more all the time.
I have tried the Anointed, but he doesn't fit in with my style of play on this list. Not having a lv 4 caster limits my spell selection dramatically, and it really hurt me with only a handful of useful spells.

Crossbowmen can't get out of tough spot, manouvering a line of 10 models around isn,t easy. That wy I like shades. But I could switch a unit out for a unit of crossbows.

I wonder if I should give him another try.... You got me thinking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.