[1500] revising my old friendly magic/shootly/mobility list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] revising my old friendly magic/shootly/mobility list

Ok so this is my list from a while ago (aprox 2 years ago) and now I haven't been in touch with the world of WHFB in about 8 months now and now I'm pretty much redong my models. So I thought it's time for an update for my list.

Raiders of Arnheim 1500 Pts - Dark Elves Army

Characters
    Noble [Army General]
    -- Equipment: Lance; Repeating Crossbow; Heavy Armour; Sea Dragon Cloak
    -- Magic Items: Enchanted Shield
    -- Mount: Dark Pegasus
    -- Cost: 159pts

Sorceress 1 :: Magic Level 2
    -- Magic Items: Wand of the Kharaidon
    -- Mount: Dark Steed
    -- Cost: 182 Pts

Sorceress 2 :: Magic Level 2
    -- Magic Items: Lifetaker
    -- Mount: Dark Steed
    -- Cost: 172 Pts

Sorceress 3 :: Magic Level 2
    -- Magic Items: Darkstar Cloak, Cloak of Dark Souls
    -- Cost: 175 Pts

Core
    Dark Riders
    -- Unit 1: #5 Models
    ---- Equipment: Repeating Crossbow, Musician
    ---- Cost: 127 Pts
    -- Unit 2: #5 Models
    ---- Equipment: Repeating Crossbow, Musician
    ---- Cost: 127 Pts

Special
    Shades
    ---- Cost: 70 Pts
    -- Unit 2: #5 Models
    ---- Cost: 70 Pts

Cold One Knights
    ---- Equipment: Standard, Musician
    ---- Character: Dread Knight
    ---- Magic Banner: War Banner
    ---- Cost: 215 Pts

Rare
    Reaper Bolt Throwers
    -- Unit 1: #2 Bolt Thorwers
    ---- Cost: 200 Pts

Casting Pool: 9
    Dispel Pool: 5
    Models in Army: 36

Total Army Cost: 1497

Changes from before:
    Was 3 DR units and 2 sorcs before, magic items was slight diffrent from before.

Thoughts:
    Ok first I don't know if cult list items applies anymore. But since it's for friendly games don't flame me about the wand and the cloak mkay? But it'd be nice to know where they've been banned. I live in Sweden so it'll be nice if someone know the situation about those items in swedish tounaments.
    Blah anyway I basiclly just switched one unit DR to a sorc on foot. I don't really know what more I should do. I haven't finnished converting all my models yet so I haven't tested this list yet. But except for this I've some other models (some executioners, wiitch elves, corsairs, rxb warriors, all ~12 models and one carriot). Hopefully I can use my magic to casue some serious damage before my guys begins to die and hopefully my mobility will be too much for my opponents.

aaaanyway fire away.

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Even in 'mobile' lists, I still like to see atleast one block of infantry. Speed is good, but having nothing BUT speedy units means you are sort of avoiding fights. Dark Elves should be aiming to pick a few fights.
    It seems to defeat the purpose of having 4 good flanking units when you have no static infantry to hold the enemy in place.
    Same deal with the general. He wont negate ranks on the flank, and if he charges a unit head on they will defeat him with static bonuses. He might be able to kill mages but it seems like a suicide mission, which isnt a good idea with the army general.
    Maybe just 2 units of DR's, 1 unit of shades, and add a block of 20-25 spearmen or 15-20 corsairs, with warbanner (since you have the corsairs already)

Personally I think the lifetaker is a bit weak. I dont like paying that amount of points for measly S3 shots. A power stone might be of more use. Getting off 1 good spell like black horror or pit of shades can do more damage in 1 turn than the lifetaker can do in several entire games..for the same cost. Maybe tome of furion too.

As for the cult items, I'm not really sure what's happening with those.

cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Blood & Souls for Khaine! flameseeker574's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also agree with manu i would trade the noble and the lifetaker for 1 solid block of 20 spears, it will give you a lot more flexibility when dealing with armies like dwarves that have a lot of Magic defense.

+ Reply to Thread