2500 point vs Dwarves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

2500 point vs Dwarves

LORD:
    Highborn -- 550
    Armour: Heavy armour, Sea dragon cloak, Enchanted shield
    Items: Heartstone of darkness
    Weapon: Crimson Death
    *Black dragon

HEROES:
    (Black Dragon)

Assasain - 179
    Extra Hand weapon
    -Rune of Khaine, Manbane poison

CORE:
    25 Spearmen - 215
    -shields
    -Standard & musician

18 Corsairs - 220
    -Standard, musician, Warbanner

5 Dark riders - 127
    -Crossbows
    -musician

SPECIAL:
    6 harpies

18 Executioners - 228
    Full command

Cold One Chariot w/ spears - 97
    Cold One Chariot w/ spears - 97

6 Cold one knights - 201
    -Dread Knight, Musician

RARE:
    2 Reaper bolt throwers

Dogs of War - 6 Iron Guts - 308
    -Standard bearer

TOTAL = 2500

I havent bothered with magic because Dwarves dont have to spend much to counter it. The fact that they have no magic themselves means I dont have to waste 165 points on magic defence either, which is great.
    Plus theres also the chance of him assuming I'll use magic, & then get stuck with a useless Runesmith in his list.

I know the Assasian isnt the most effective choice, but I havent used him before so I would like to see how he goes. It might also catch my opponent off guard since Ive never used it.
    In a more regular list I would probably opt for a Noble in one of the Chariots, or a BSB.

I usually dont run Executioners, but Im proxying some warriors as them to see how they go. The extra strength will be very helpful getting through that thick armour.. I think they will serve much better than a third block of S3 core infantry.
    Iron Guts are there for the same reason.

He will probably have 2 S7 Bolt throwers & either a Cannon or Organ gun.. Usually my chariots get blown up by these, but hopefully between the Dragon, Chariots & Iron Guts, I have enough threatening targets that he cant get them all..(ie. if he blows up the chariots, then atleast my Dragon & Ogres arent being shot at, and vice versa).
    Hopefully the harpies can help out with that.

Cheers

Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

I guess no news is good news. No replies = good list?

I had the game today, I scored a Solid Victory . We both had bouts of bad luck so that was even in the end.
    And the Dragon lord actually didnt do much at all (killed 10 thunderes, a cannon crew, and a deamon slayer hero).
    So, I think I can put this one down to skill (instead of being discredited by luck).

Here's a link to the Battle Report:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...tml#post936463

Cheers
    W L D
    21 5 5

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

After reading the battle report, it seems like you got lucky/did well. Having the organ gun blow up is a huge windfall for you, that thing routinely doubles its points in kills when I field it.

If you usually put the assassin in the corsairs, I'd put a unit champion in there with him to take challenges. Then I'd give him a blade of rhuin, to can-open some unit dwarves for combat resolution. Poison +strength also works well though, apparently worked well for you. I'm suprised the character could kill even a runesmith though, honestly.

-Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by kooshlord View Post
    After reading the battle report, it seems like you got lucky/did well. Having the organ gun blow up is a huge windfall for you, that thing routinely doubles its points in kills when I field it.
    I just think an Organ gun blowing up is more spectacular than other things, so it overshadows bad luck in the combat phase etc. He had good luck blowing up a chariot & an RBT in 1 shot each.
    He had amazing luck shrugging off that spearmen+harpy combat & catching the spearmen. 4 attacks killing 4 spearmen is great rolling (3+ hit = 3 hits, 2+ wound = 2-3 wounds, 6+ save maybe 1 saved)
    The Iron breakers should've gotten wasted by Iron guts, and so on.

The cannon overshooting the spearmen on turn 1 was bad range guessing, not bad luck.

The Organ gun was also targetting the CoK's, who really didnt do much at all anyway. If it did get the shots off against them, the unit would be within charge range next turn, even 2 remaining Knights could take out the crew.

If you usually put the assassin in the corsairs, I'd put a unit champion in there with him to take challenges. Then I'd give him a blade of rhuin, to can-open some unit dwarves for combat resolution. Poison +strength also works well though, apparently worked well for you. I'm suprised the character could kill even a runesmith though, honestly.
    Yes I will put the champion there, not sure about blade of Rhuin tho, against dwarves Manbane will always mean S5 = -2 save, which is fairly good anti-armour & easier to wound.
    I can see it being useful against the lords with 1+ saves however.

Well 5 attacks, hitting on 3's, wounding on 3's, -2 armour save = 5+ save. That should deal 2 wounds in 1-2 turns. It took me 3. Runesmith's certainly arent beyond being killed by an assasain, even Thane's arent.

Cheers
    W L D
    21 5 5

+ Reply to Thread