Cult of Slannesh 2000 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cult of Slannesh 2000 points

please don't post points/model or points/unupgraded unit. This violates GW copyright and LO policy. Thanks!
    -Koosh

Hi. I decided to start collecting after a friend got me into warhammer and now I LOVE IT! i spotted the cult of slannesh list in the storm of chaos book, DE are cool anyway but combined with chaos was to hard to resist. Im pretty new to warhammer (this is my first army and first proper list) and was wondering if i could get a little help with it. I will mostly be playing against my friends zombie horde VC in pretty casual games.

C - 20 DE warriors: mark, shields and full command = 205

C - 10 DE warriors: RxBs = 110 (basically to fill core slot)

C - 15 Devoted of Slannesh: full command = 210

S - 5 Cold One Kinghts: mark, standard, dread knight = 201

S - 15 Warriors of Chaos: mark, additional weaps, full command = 305

S - 4 Dark Riders (home for sorc general and march blockers against non VC armies): musician, mark = 89

R - 2 Reaper Bolt Throwers =
    L - Druchii Anointed (joins the CoKs): Cold one mount, great weap, sorcerer lvl 1, avatar of slannesh, quickening blood = 345

H - lvl 2 Sorceress (joins dark riders to harass units with chillwind etc): Dark steed mount = 142

H - lvl 2 Sorceress (general): darkstar cloak, seal of ghrond = 175

Total = 2017 (my friends is 2020 so its cool)

Any help on improving my army would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

P.S. Does anyone know any decent websites for sharing photos? my chaos warriors are comming along nicely and id like to put up some pics.

Last edited by kooshlord; June 19th, 2007 at 19:35. Reason: removed points/model.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

I don't know about Chaos or dark elf lists, but I do know about photobucket,
    Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
    Watch out for fear.

EDIT: You can also host some your photos here on LO. Be sure to check out the showcase
    Last edited by Cyric the Mad; June 17th, 2007 at 11:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Gday, and welcome to warhammer.

I dont know if you should start a cult list right now, only as the SOC book wont stay valid for too long. Once the new DE book is out it could vanish. Maybe other member can help me clarify a bit here.

Im just saying, if you start it, in 24 months or so, it may become a 'counts as' army, where you can still use it, but Devotees become Witch elves, etc...

Anyway, the list.

Firs thing i can see is your Dark Riders must be at least 5 strong. Its in the Army book as a 5+ entry.

Those Chaos warriors need shields. Mainly agaist shooting, but if they, themselves, get charged, they can use to shields as extra defense if needed.\

Now, if devoted are anything like witch elves, they need to maximise their front rank to get lots of attacks. Id use 2 rows of 7 with these guys. Wounds is how they win combat, plus they are bare in terms of armour, so killing as many enemy before they strike is vital.

Other than that, its looks fine. A tad small for me, but tahts due to your characters, and i dont see a Cult list not using the anointed.

Good luck, and have fun.

Regards, Tim

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Hello, Jedi_Keybo, and welcome to LO.

Glad to hear your chaos warriors are coming along well.

If you haven't already, check out our painting forum (link). You'll find a lot of good advice regarding how to post photos of your minis in that forum. Also check out the showcase (link) where you can also post your photos, and browse what the other members have shared.

Thanks for posting!
    Last edited by Cyric the Mad; June 17th, 2007 at 09:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

Thanks for the advice! Its fine for me to play the cult army list, the devoted are witch elf models and im going to use the DE models i have for this list to make a pure DE army at some point. I thought i would ok against the fear from the zombos due to most of my army being immune to psych from the marks.Yeah that link you gave me misanthrope is perfect thanks.

With my warriors i didnt want to base them using boring old texture and flock so ive started making crystal like shapes of plastic by sharpening spare spears and stadard poles and cutting off the end. im goin to texture the bases of the unit then carve a series of thin rivers through the unit and fill them with the gamesworkshop water effect mixed with a little white and purple to make a purple goo then stick the crystals out of the ground paint them purple, highlight them and gloss them. The idea for it was to be like the "raw uncontrolled energy" of chaos but purple so its like Slannesh energy, anyway ill post some pics when there done.

Thanks guys :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

I dont have time for a good look at the list at the moment,
    but 1 thing I notice is that your Dark Riders need to be a minimum of 5. Putting a Sorceress there doesnt count towards the minimun squad size. So, it will be 5 Riders + Sorceress.

Putting the annointed on a mount isnt the best idea. It will reduce the GW strength bonus to only +1. I would keep him on foot, with the Chaos warriors, to get the full +2S.
    Maybe give him sopophoric musk too. He should also be your general, not the Sorceress. She is easy to kill, so theres 100 victory points to your opponent.

You can drop the lordling on the DE warriros, they dont need it unless a character will join them. Save yourself some points.

I'll have a better look later

Cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing with the annointed is that he can never be the general, with the CoS it has to be a high sorc or normal sorc if there is no high present . But yeah that was dumb with the riders.

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread