1500 hydra and manti list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 hydra and manti list

Hidey-hoo, this is my first attempt at a 1491 hydra and manticore list. I have never made this type of list before and i really welcome some help how to make it better. I have 16 executioners which i have never used, 2 bolt throwers, and some chaos furies (COULD I SUB THESE AS HARPIES??). I do need some spear elves but alas, i have none yet. Anyways, here is my deadly list!

CHARS
    Sorceress, lev 2
    Beastmaster, light armor, sword of might, dragon cloak, manticore

CORE
    15x Warriors, hand weapon, light armor, shields, rxb, musician, standard
    6x Dark Riders, light armour, repeater crossbows, Herald, and Musician

SPECIAL
    7x Cold One Knights with swords, lances, heavy armour, shield, Dread Knight, Standard Bearer and Musician.
    20x Witch elves, Musician, Standard Bearer, Hag

RARE
    1 War Hydra

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Blood & Souls for Khaine! flameseeker574's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lokks, well different, its too bad you dont have any more spear men cuase you really do need more. Anyways onto the list, i think that with the 2 big monsters already screaming shoot me a big block of WE wouldnt be a good idea, i would try subing them for some execs cuase at least they get an armor save. with the points you got form that I would advise you add some magical gar onto your sorc preferably the darkstar cloak. Also take off the sword of might on the BM really he is best if keept cheap so a lance will do. and yes i think yyou could sub the furies as harpies.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

I'd be tempted to restructure the list as an all-speed monster strike force. Like so:

Replace the sorceress with a noble on pegasus, chariot, or cold one. Give the noble the seal of ghrond for anti-magic, or just go full CC. Don't worry about casting, you should be in CC fast anyway.

I'd be tempted to replace all your infantry with cavalry and fast options, to further support the blitzkrieg. If you want infantry, use spears or corsairs, for some cheap static CR to support the rest of your throng of speed. Otherwise, fill up on dark riders, who will better keep up.

With two big threats that will be targeted first, I think the witch elves would be relatively safe from being shot. However, I'd drop them for harpies, chariots, or more Cold One Knights, who'll better keep up. Harpies might be especially useful to attack a war machine while your manticore does the same.

The list would be much less balanced than yours is now, but I think most foes would have a lot of difficulty dealing with the speed and CC ferocity you could bring, especially at the 1500 point level.

Good luck!
    -Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

CHARS
    Sorceress, lev 2
    Beastmaster, light armor, sword of might, dragon cloak, manticore
    Id give the BM a lance. The Manticore does most of the damage, so wasting points on the BM attacks isnt needed. Better to give him Blood armour to keep him alive.

I would drop the sorceress down to a level 1 with 2 scrolls, or 1 scroll & seal of ghrond

15x Warriors, hand weapon, light armor, shields, rxb, musician, standard
    Drop the Crossbows and boost them up to 20-25, if you dont have the models, then use those executioners are proxies in the back ranks.

6x Dark Riders, light armour, repeater crossbows, Herald, and Musician
    Ok but dont bother with the Herald.

7x Cold One Knights with swords, lances, heavy armour, shield, Dread Knight, Standard Bearer and Musician.
    Ok but 7 is too wide for 1 row, they wont all be able to attack anyway. Take 6 at the most

20x Witch elves, Musician, Standard Bearer, Hag
    Give the Hag something from the temple of Khaine, either witch brew or Manbane.
    A smaller unit of 18 in 6x3 would be better. These lovely ladies rely on their attack power, not ranks & numbers (which they cost too many points for anyway).

RARE
    1 War Hydra
    Ok

Cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

+ Reply to Thread