Staring DE, lots of questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Staring DE, lots of questions

*edited* Typo in the title.. forgot the T! Sorry about that

I've just recently completed my Wood Elf army, and now I am advancing to a more aggressive army, which I think Dark Elf would be most suitable.

I've search around the internet and I couldnt find a battleforce box for the Dark Elves, I am guessing there isn't any?

Is there going to be new codex release for the Dark Elves any time soon?

I've played two proxy game last night against my friend's Chaos in a 1,000pt battle, both games ended in a massacre result favoring him. I realized that my army is very tiny comparing to my friend's Undivided Chaos ... (what a surprise?). I know this isn't the Army List forum, but I thought it would be convenient if I just post it here along with my other questions.

Lv2 Sorc, General, Dispel Scroll, Seal of Ghrond
    Lv1 Sorc, Wand of Kharaidon
    20x Spear Warrior w/ Full Command
    12x RX Warrior
    15x Executioner
    2x Bolt Thrower

In a 1,000pt game, would it be convincing to use a unit of 20 Black Guards in place of the Reapter Bolt Throwers, for the purpose of holding units/deal damage? I've also tried using Cold One Knights in a 1,000pts game, it did not turned out well as they are too expensive rendering my entire army tiny-er... :sleep:

Any suggestions on building a 1,000pt list?

Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

I've search around the internet and I couldnt find a battleforce box for the Dark Elves, I am guessing there isn't any?
    There used to be a while ago, but it was a limited run. There is no current battleforce. Which is a shame because as far as I know, it was the only way to get the BSB model.

Is there going to be new codex release for the Dark Elves any time soon?
    As far as I know, its definately High Elves later this year. Followed by VC early/mid next year. Then some are saying Skaven, then maybe Dark Elves, which puts it at 2009.
    So I would say 18 months at best, but that isnt confirmed by any means.

I've played two proxy game last night against my friend's Chaos in a 1,000pt battle, both games ended in a massacre result favoring him. I realized that my army is very tiny comparing to my friend's Undivided Chaos ... (what a surprise?). I know this isn't the Army List forum, but I thought it would be convenient if I just post it here along with my other questions.
    Ouch, tough army to start against. What units did he have?

Lv2 Sorc, General, Dispel Scroll, Seal of Ghrond
    Lv1 Sorc, Wand of Kharaidon
    20x Spear Warrior w/ Full Command
    12x RX Warrior
    15x Executioner
    2x Bolt Thrower
    2 Sorceresses, theres the reason you were so outnumbered. If you want to take 2 at 1000 points then tool them up with items that improve their casting, not dispel.
    Level 2- Darkstar cloak, powerstone
    Level 2- Tome of Furion, Powerstone (or black staff)

However I recommend forgetting about magic at 1000pts level. 1 Noble is probably the best option. If you want a good explanation of why, theres a thread in the DE forum about which characters to use at 1k.

The executioners, spearmen, and RBTs are good choices. Im not a fan of RxB warriors really, especially against Chaos. They are the best place to put a Sorceress, but if you dont take a Sorceress then there goes that need.

In a 1,000pt game, would it be convincing to use a unit of 20 Black Guards in place of the Reapter Bolt Throwers, for the purpose of holding units/deal damage? I've also tried using Cold One Knights in a 1,000pts game, it did not turned out well as they are too expensive rendering my entire army tiny-er... :sleep:
    Eep :ninja: 20 Black guard would take up half of your army at 1000pts. I would leave BG out until 2000+
    You CAN take Cold one Knights at 1000pts, as long as you dont take more than 5-6, and not with full command. That isnt toooo expensive.

Any suggestions on building a 1,000pt list?
    Ok, why dont you try proxying something like this:

Noble, Seal of Ghrond, lance, HA, SDC, Enchanted shield - 119 (in chariot)
    25 Spearmen, standard, musician - 215
    18 Corsairs, Standard, musician, Warbanner - 220
    5 Dark Riders, musician, RxBs - 127
    Chariot with spears - 97 (Noble)
    Chariot with spears - 97
    Reaper Bolt thrower

Infantry give you some numbers, something to take a charge with. and something to hold enemy units still so you can flank them. Riders give you a flanking option. Chariots give you some serious hitting power. RBT for support.
    Noble gives better Ld bonus, and adds some more hitting power to the chariots. Also a little magic defense.

You could swap the Corsairs for Executioners if you wanted

Cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

+ Reply to Thread