How the frick do i beat skaven - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the frick do i beat skaven

So, my friend needs some practice on his skaven. He is playing his friends skaven army in a tourney bc the owner is out of town. He has play skaven for quite some time before doing this so he does know what he is doing. But ya, all i know about his list is that he is bringing 18power dice.......and i didnt wanna make a pure list just to beat him since its gonna be used for a tourney. so ya, how the frick do i beat this!?!?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the best way to purly beat this skaven army, is to match him; by taking as many wizards as possible for countering, and give then all scrolls. since this is a tourny list, there are sole really easy ways to beat this. here is how

since he has 18 power dice, he is using only warlock engineirs. This means that his Ld wont be so good. engineiers are about a 4 if im not mistaken, so he will end up gettign a Ld of 7 with ranks. here is what you do

1 take 2 wiards and use shadow magic, so you can get the spell that give -3 Ld to a unit, so its easier to break him

2 use lots of fear and terror causing models, to make it easier for him to run away

3 Firepower is key. Take 2 bolt throwers and start showering a single unit with them, and wait for panic tests.

4 when engaging in combat, make sure no jezzails or ratiling guns are in very, because if you dont kill the entire unit, you will get shot to peices next turn

5 nuteralize all firepower he has first. the jezzails are key. get a large squad of crossbow elves, and shower them, or use dark riders to scare them off, crush them in combat, or shoot the crap out of them.

6 this one is a little boarder line, and there are some people that will disagree with me heavily on this one. ignore the enginiers. they are as much a danger to you as they are to themsevles and their own units. however, go after his general as soon as possible. that way, they can use his Ld and they will be around a 5, and he will break almost every time; unless he is god with the dice rolls.

Hope this helps

If I told you that, I'm afraid I'd have to kill you
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Using cavalry is a good idea.

Attila
    Worshipper of Dice
    Last game: Victory Dark Elves vs High Elves & Orcs & Goblins
    WDL: Dark Elves:37/6/8 Space Marines:7/3/3

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

The leadership is the weakness. Use a reliable blocking unit like the Blackguard (maybe 10?) to hold his largest units then hit them in the flanks with dark-riders and cold-ones. Panic will break out and things will get easier. Also take a Life-taker, it's handy for capping ratling guns, warpfire throwers and other skirmishey skaven nastiness.

When you're firing your bolt-throwers make sure you try to destroy whole enemy units of US5 or more- this will also cause panic and gain you time, if not VPs.

20-25 corsairs with a banner of bonus to combat resolution and a minor hero will also tear a hole in your average skaven unit and can force a break fairly easily.

Use cheap but distracting and potentially worrying units like harpies, chariots and shades to distract his wizards for as long as possible too. Also try and get into combat as often as possible (without compromising your position)- this might limit his spell casting.

Hope this helps.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Ratling guns will tear your elves a new one if you let them. The good thing now, of course, is that they can be targeted even if they are close to another unit. Good times

+ Reply to Thread