Thinking about doing a tactica - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Thinking about doing a tactica

As the title says, Im toying with the idea of doing a DE tactica. Repeating myself here seems to be an inefficent and time consuming way of helping, so I think doing a good tactica would stop that, and also be a fitting 'legacy', if you will. :C
    Not only to help the newbs, but also as a 'gift' to LO, for the help I recieved myself when I was newb

Firstly, I suppose I want to know if you guys support it or not? Particularly whether you think Im suited to the task or if my views are largely disagreed with. but also support in general.

Secondly, I would need some assistance with the handful of units I havent used, such as Shades & Mengils man flayers. So, I'd need some willing members to help out there.

Lastly, @ mods: Would you be willing/able to 'sticky thread' a link here in the DE forum to the tactica?

Cheers :happy:

Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Sounds good to me. Have you thought about trying a community tactica? Much like the one being written in the WE forum.

If you want to have a go yourself though that is fine as well. Post it in the tactica forum when you're done and I'll link it in the DE index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

just remember, making a tactica is very much like making love to a beautiful woman: you have to take it slow, look at it from every angle and then go all the way!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

The community tactica in the WE section has been a brilliant sucess - there are people contributing who are more than capable of writing an entire tactica on their own, but the collaboration of ideas and division of labor only benefits the effort.

However, if you want it to be a solo project, it's your call. The mods will, of course, do whatever we can to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you decide to write the tactica, i will be more than willing to help. i know lots of the sneakiness of the DE, and i love using them to their full advantage. i think the best way is to do all the units in a break down formation. say what they are good against and what they are weak against. also do special character tactica, as well as a breakdown of magic items and what not and rate them on how good they are and what to use them for. Just send me a message with whatever you need done, and i can write it for you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Manu_Forti View Post
    As the title says, Im toying with the idea of doing a DE tactica. Repeating myself here seems to be an inefficent and time consuming way of helping, so I think doing a good tactica would stop that, and also be a fitting 'legacy', if you will. :C
    Not only to help the newbs, but also as a 'gift' to LO, for the help I recieved myself when I was newb
    Sure, go for it. I like the idea that I've created the indexes for people to use. Of course, the links change constantly, which is a pain in the arse.

Firstly, I suppose I want to know if you guys support it or not?
    Only if it doesn't suck.

Particularly whether you think Im suited to the task or if my views are largely disagreed with. but also support in general.
    Now, Manu, do you just need your ego stroked? 8X Of course you're up to it. You're the longest standing member of the DE forum, certainly one of the most helpful and knowledgable.

Secondly, I would need some assistance with the handful of units I havent used, such as Shades & Mengils man flayers. So, I'd need some willing members to help out there.
    If you pull it off like the WE forum has, you'll get scads of help. Makes it all the better.

Lastly, @ mods: Would you be willing/able to 'sticky thread' a link here in the DE forum to the tactica?
    Sure, but we'll need some $$. Stonehambey will accept beer, and Cyric likes bling. I like straight up cash money. The final product will end up in the tactica thread, though.
    Last edited by DavidWC09; August 25th, 2007 at 04:30.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Alright,
    Maybe I'll have a crack at doing my solo one, but before I post it in the Tactics forum, I'll put up a 'draft' copy here, for people to comment on and add bits & pieces to, etc. Then I'll take the good bits (yes, I'll choose) of that community input and update the final copy for the Tactica forum.

I'll be sure to swing by the tree-hugger forum soon to check out that tactica ^_^

Cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re

Writing a tactica might be a huge waste of your time.
    Druchii.net has an amazing amount of tactics and general info on dark elf fighting styles.
    It'd be really difficult to write one set tactica becuase not everything has one specific use. There are so many multi-purpose units that it'd be almost impossible to cover everything. THere are also many different styles of play. That so many dark elf armies perform differently. But if you want to go right on ahead.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost03 View Post
    Writing a tactica might be a huge waste of your time.
    Druchii.net has an amazing amount of tactics and general info on dark elf fighting styles.
    It'd be really difficult to write one set tactica becuase not everything has one specific use. There are so many multi-purpose units that it'd be almost impossible to cover everything. THere are also many different styles of play. That so many dark elf armies perform differently.
    Oh...my...God. You did not just do that, did you?

Manu Forti's a longtime member of LO who wants to contribute something to this site. It's what happens when you spend a lot of time in one place getting to know people. It's a cool thing to do. For me, I like my indexes and the different help threads I've scattered here and there. Hell, I'm a supervisor just because I want to do something for this site.

Plus, Manu knows the army as well as anybody. He'll write quality content as he sees fit, and I'd stack it up against anything on some other site.

But if you want to go right on ahead.
    I'm guessing he will.

To be honest, I find your post insulting to LO and to Manu Forti who's earned his keep around here. If you want to be a part of LO, great, but keep it positive. If not, well, there are other sites on the 'Net, no?
    Last edited by DavidWC09; September 6th, 2007 at 02:23.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Hear hear!

David has said it well. Manu, being our typical answer guy for Dark Elves, is perfectly suited to write a tactica, and should be thanked and encouraged for his effort. Your negativity serves nothing in this case. The tactica may not cover every nook and cranny of the Dark Elves army, but the tactica can (and will) still be helpful and informative.

We're all friends here, and we encourage our friends in whatever venture they choose - unless, of course, they have chosen to spread negativity and defeatism. In that case we just ask them to shape up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast