Dark elves, Hard? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Dark elves, Hard?

Hello everyone, I'm still trying to deside on my first army and currently the choise is between Skaven and Dark Elves. Now I'v heard that Skaven is one of the hardest armies to play with aspecialy for a beginner and I'v heard that Dark Elves where hard too

Is it true that Dark Elves are hard to play and are they harder then the Skaven?

Also, One more question. How come there is no Battalion box or 25'th anniversary special army box for the Dark Elves? I'v seen for almost all other armies but not for the dark elves..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skaven are not especially hard to use but do have a few problems (low leadership...) in fact as far as easy going begginer armies go skaven are probably the best. The army is quited hard and if you make mistakes while playing you shoudnt worry too much only rats after all. Dark elevs are on the other hand quite a hard army to use at the minute especially for beginners. But do remember that ark elevs are being redone and should be re-released in around August. After then they should be a quite good/competitive army.

As for the battalion box, it may be due to the fact that alot of the dark elves models, almost all in fact, are metal. So since most batttalions contain good deals with plastics dark elevs are unlikly to get 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Thanks for the reply. I'l probably end up buying Skaven as my first army (Well, Second army. I got the tny goblins and tiner goblin spider riders from the Battle for Skull Pass starter box right now. But for my first official real army it will probably be Skaven)

Hopefully everything will go well (I'l be up against Wood elves and Vampire lords most of the time)

If I told you that, I'm afraid I'd have to kill you
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Way to sell the Druchii, Viruk.

Seriously, Skaven are kinder on your wallet and (arguably) the best Warhammer army at this point.

But, there are hundreds of reasons to pick Dark Elves, highlighted in every post in this section. Why not take a look? 27 warhammer players can't be wrong.

Attila
    Worshipper of Dice
    Last game: Victory Dark Elves vs High Elves & Orcs & Goblins
    WDL: Dark Elves:37/6/8 Space Marines:7/3/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Well, I'v desided to make my first army Skaven. Though I'm considering collecting High Elves or Dark Elves at a later point (Always good to have alittle variation^.^)

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

HE have just had a book out and the DE have one coming out in the not too distant future, so both would be a good army to go for.

But DE are much, much cooler :ninja2:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I realy like the look of both Dark Elf and High Elf armor and weapons. They both have bits and pieces that look rather similar but at the same time very very diferent... With time I'l probably end up collecting them both. But for now I'm gonna collect Skaven (I think one of the others are playing with High Elves)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Dark Elves aren't a bad army per se. They just suffer from being the oldest army book currently out. However, once the new book they should have a very nice array of units to choose from and be comparable to some of the top armies out atm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Ooooh.... Or maybe not.. Arg.. I just cant deside.. Skaven or Dark Elf.. Or maybe High Elf.. I realy like High Elf and aspecialy Dark Elf armors and such.. And I like most Skaven, Unfortunately the Skaven unit I find the ugliest are the clanrats that are most of the army, Looks like mutant furless monkeys or something..

I always got such big problems chosing between stuff and I just cant make up my mind..

+ Reply to Thread