Army types??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Army types???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Army types???

So, as the De forum at this point in time seems more dull than it should be hence the new DE book coming out, I thought i'd ask this question. For all of you De players, what kind of army do you guys play? Is it a shooty gunline, an offensive force, a monster army, ect. Go ahead!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the offensive style. Apart from the odd RBT or Hydra, it's mostly infantry (warriors and corsairs) and cavalry/chariots that does it for me. Faster is better!

-Paz
    Rork edit: Woah! Check your spelling - you only give "special chocies" to your girlfriend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

I like to play easily outmanevrouing army containing both supreme shooting and some hard-hitting precise combat units. This edition i will replace my Crossbowmen with Corsairs with Handbows, add two masses of REALLY strikeful Scouts (no shades anymore, hooray!), a unit of CoK (especially with Blood Banner - I prefer to controll my units since 200 pts. battle with bretonnians that could do nothing against my supreme shooting and multiple manevroues... when two of my CoK units and three of four chariots in total all failed stupidity test). I will add maybe two Bolt Throwers fro long range suport - I am nto afraid to leave them on alone, as they can handle enemy skirmishers. To add I shall include caddy nearby Bolt Throwers and some pegasus characters or Assasins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

The one I face is primarily shooty. It has a unit of Spearmen, some CoKs, and pretty much everything else is Repeater X-Bows or Magic. My WEs shredded it by getting into combat quickly, but it does very well otherwise.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I run an army very similar to that one currently, but with the point drop in models in the new book and some added survivability and tricks, I think im gonna run a very offensive army. Im thinkin alot of corsairs, executioners, BG, and those lovely new juicy knights. A hydra or two sounds good too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been a good long while since I ran my Dark Elves (They fell to the side when I got my Ogres), but I started out running a very fast shooty army with heavy magic and a few protection foot troops. Then I got bored with that and switched up to a full out Monster list, running Black Dragon, Manticore, 2 Hydras, and CoK. I never did that awesome with it, but it was fun to drop all the big critters into combat!

Blood & Souls for Khaine! flameseeker574's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ran a very assualty force with minimal magic and shooting. Sadly my DE have been shelved to make room for my Blood Angels as no one in LA seems to play fantasy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Has anybody been able to meld a fast, CC strong force with an amazing magic phase??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People seem to either go for fast and hard CC or magic combined with shooting. Most CC heavy armies I have seen just contain a level one caddy sorc, the other heroes being highborn and nobles.

-Paz
    Rork edit: Woah! Check your spelling - you only give "special chocies" to your girlfriend.

+ Reply to Thread