Corsair/CoK army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Corsair/CoK army

I am considering starting a DE army in the future, not sure if i am going to yet, but i find the new models absolutely gorgeous so its hard to resist. But is it viable to run a list with mainly corsairs backed up by several units of cold one knights? How should the corsairs be equiped. What characters should i use along side them, rare choices as well? Any ideas would be great.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Blood & Souls for Khaine! flameseeker574's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its very viable,If I were you I'd include Malus Darkblade in your lists as he makes the COK unit he joins not stupid.As for corsairs use the 2 hand weps the other 2 options are kinda gimicky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely viable, and yes, the new models are very cool! Ditto to Malus, he is a mean character! Also, consider the newest DE hero Lohkir Fellheart to go with your corsairs. As far as rares, you can't go wrong with a couple RBT's, and of course if you like the new models, the Hydra looks sweet and got a good boost in the new rules!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Do you suggest running about 2 big units of CoK or 3-4 smaller ones?

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I have a hard time justifying adding a rank to any cavalry unit. I'm a big fan of running them in 5's or 6's if you add a character to them. The make a great hammer unit like that, and you're probably going to get that rank bonus from some other unit in combat with them if you are using them that way.

I have previously (last army book) run a big Juggernaut style unit of CoK that was purely ridiculous. I only ran it once because it was really that silly... the unit was 12 strong including Malus and a BSB with the Hydra Banner, and the Extra Charge distance banner from the last book. I think it worked out to be something like 30+ attacks from the front rank on the charge. It completely decimated it's target.

+ Reply to Thread