Lokhir is your friend against horder Armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Lokhir is your friend against Horde Armies

Re-posting this, so everyone puts the hurt on Horde armies.

Imagine being up against a massive unit of Skaven or Undead. Say, 80 Zombies 5 wide and 16 ranks Deep.

Lokhir = 3 Base attacks + 16 bonus attacks for his Red Blades = 19 attacks for him alone!

Reminder: His bonus attacks are not for Rank bonuses, but simply the number of ranks in the enemy unit!!

He can wipe out Skirmishers with the brush of his hand (or should I say his Red Blades) if he attacks them alone. 18 Beast Herd. Per Skirmish rules they line up with as many models that can get into base-to-base with him. That means they line up 3 wide against Lokhir alone. That gives him his 3 base attacks and 6 bonus attacks. He should be able to kill them without being hit in return with 9 attacks in the first turn. Most likely he'll win on resolution anyways.

Steed of shadows him or charge him out of a unit against Skirmishers then chew them up and spit them out.

Last edited by Romulus; August 4th, 2008 at 20:13.
    40K: Tyranid, Necron, Space Wolves
    Fantasy: Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarves

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Re-posting this, so everyone puts the hurt on Horde armies.

Imagine being up against a massive unit of Skaven or Undead. Say, 80 Zombies 5 wide and 16 ranks Deep.

Lokhir = 3 Base attacks + 16 bonus attacks for his Red Blades = 19 attacks for him alone!

Reminder: His bonus attacks are not for Rank bonuses, but simply the number of ranks in the enemy unit!!

He can wipe out Skirmishers with the brush of his hand (or should I say his Red Blades) if he attacks them alone. 18 Beast Herd. Per Skirmish rules they line up with as many models that can get into base-to-base with him. That means they line up 3 wide against Lokhir alone. That gives him his 3 base attacks and 6 bonus attacks. He should be able to kill them without being hit in return with 9 attacks in the first turn. Most likely he'll win on resolution anyways.

Steed of shadows him or charge him out of a unit against Skirmishers then chew them up and spit them out.
    Beast Herds don't get ranks if in combat with a single character. They only get 4 wide due to their raiders rule (not true skirmishers in that sense). Beasts of Chaos is probably the weakest army in the entire game. Has been for years, got worse when they took all the demons and humans of chaos away from them. But this does drive home another point of how silly special or named characters are and why I will never use them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

So in a competative army, taking Lokhir is almost mandatory as he becomes such a powerhouse against horde armies. But points wise he's a quarter of a 1000pts. Is it worth that much to be protected against one kind of army?
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; August 4th, 2008 at 21:43.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I prefer Lokhir in a unit of frenzied Corsairs. They tear up hordes, and when it's all said and done, you combine Master Slaver with the Corsairs' rule and you get double vps for each unit you mulch!

Master Slaver alone makes Lokhir worth taking I'd say. The red blades, Terror, and Regen are delicious icing on the cake.

And as for him running alone, you guys just can't help yourselves from kicking a poor army (Beasts) when it's down
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread