Hydra Warningz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hydra Warningz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    273 (x3)

Hydra Warningz

HYDRA!!!

I keep thinking of hordes of goons fighting Capt. America.
    Consider this a warning for all of you looking to pick up a hydra. I’m actually being very good and doing my required IG for the Tale of Painters project. Working on DE is my reward. I’m glad I did the hydra first because A) It’s a shuper shweet model and B) I would have become very frustrated with all the pinning and green stuff this thing required. Here it is, it’s cool… in a tedious, painful kind of way. Not for your beginning gamer!

Ugh, I just noticed I still need to green stuff the open mouths! Grumble, mutter...

-J
    Hydra Monkey

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Oh.. I wish you could've seen this dude from my local store.. he actually "reposition" his Hydra so that its front legs are standing on a 4" tall vertical rock. He used a plier and bend the back legs downwards so the Hydra seems to be "standing" and leaning forward, then he bends the front legs to fit on top of the rock.. then he bends the necks so it's facing forward. Talk about works... hah.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was actually going to try and pose my hydra as if it was rearing back with one of the legs crushing or standing on something (Probably an Empire or Ogre model, I hate them both). I have yet to buy the model, but from the looks of it, I have a lot of work to think out
    Project Terracotta - Currently Underway

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Wow, I thought GW had tried to make this one easy to fit together! Hmm, Il bear that in mind for when I purchase my own.

Another one of those models that is a sheer pain to put together is the Cheese (steam) tank, mine had so many holes and gaps in it you could see through the model.

Also Tweaker, consider your basing style, my basing style! Definately doing slate with snow now, it looks ace!

*rep*

Dan

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

should've been plastic.

I have to admit, I don't like the model. The heads are fine, but compared to the body ~ how does the thing stand, much less move? I know this is fantasy, but some proportions need to still exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just finished painting my hydra yesterday, what a pain in the arse it was to make but at leas it looks kick ass so i'm happy.

sorry i do not have a working camera so no pictures
    Wood elf player- 2000 points worth, Autumn theme
    Empire player - 3000 points worth, Green and white
    Eldar player - 1500 points worth, Blue and white

+ Reply to Thread