KB and Poison - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KB and Poison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    273 (x3)

KB and Poison

So reading the book, I always thought that if you had KB and poison you could use them both. Any hits of 6 auto wound, but you could go ahead and roll the wound anyway to see if you scored a killing blow (and skip all that silly armor/multiple wounds business.) And rolls of 1, 2 or whatever would still wound because of the poison, really your just checking for 6s. It seems kinda silly to loose KB just Ďcuz thereís poison on your blade.

Executioner 1: Whatís wrong Hanz?
    Executioner 2: Oh, Iím feeling kinda down Fritz. Someone put poison on my blade. I just donít have the knack for beheading people anymore.
    Executioner 1: I understand, 6oz of poison on a ten pound blade just throws the whole balance off. Itís terrible.
    Executioner 2: Yeah, it really makes me feel like less of an Elf.

I bring it up because I've read about others playing it the other way. If you have poison, you don't get KB. What's the official story?

-J
    Less of a Monkey

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

As I understand the official line, if you do something Automatically it is something you do not roll for, therefore any poisoned hits are not rolled to wound, and thus have no chance of getting a killing blow.
    The Camden Brigade
    Do good things, good things happen. Do bad things, and kharma hits you with a car.
    20 Bucks. Eat it; Ride it; Hump it. I don't care. - Earl J. Hickey

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Yep, which means that having both abilities on for instance tomb scorpions is a waste. it'l be wounding on 2's normaly anyway so the loss of killing blow for some auto-wounds mkes it very ineffective at times.

Basicaly things with both abilities are not as good as something with one or the other, as you end up paying points for somthing that halfs your chances of using its special abilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Everyone is correct so far - poisoned hits cannot score a killing blow, as no roll to wound is actually made. The Tomb Scopion for TK's has this FAQ'd.

If you don't want poisoned wounds, you're going to have to buy Dark Venom or Black Lotus. Both are kinda handy, and Dark Venom is dirty if you smash your opponent in a challenge. Suddenly, accepting with the Unit Champ may not be a good idea, as the Assassin can easily get the max overkill (depends what it is of course ). Then again, a KB on a multi wound model will also stack up combat res.

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes... so think about it when you buy touch of death on your assassin next time. I've also had this covered on my "DE tips and tricks [BETA]" thread among other great tips and ideas. So check it out!

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

+ Reply to Thread