Rule questions regarding armour and extra weapon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rule questions regarding armour and extra weapon

Hi all!

Having been away for a long time from the game I need to refresh my skills on the rules. I've read the old book I already have trough (6 ed). I seem to remember some rule that sorceresses don't carry armour. But I can't find it anywhere... (I get that she can use ward saves)

1) So how may I armour my sorceress magically or unmagically?

I also think I have read somewhere about additional weapons on a character that uses a magical weapon, but I can't seem to remember. Let's say I equip my Master with a beastmasters scourge, and then equip him also with an additional weapon. Does that extra weapon also count as a beastmasters scourge?

2) Does an additional weapon get the same qualities of the first weapon?

Further, if I equip a master with two weapons, can I give him two magical weapons?
    Like sword of might and sword of biting? And how many points will this add up to?
    Should I withdraw points for the additional hand weapon weapon (4p) or add these 4p to the value of the magical weapon?

3) Can a hero carry two magical weapons by using an additional weapon?
    4) If I may: How do I count the points on such a combo?

Thx for your answers/thoughts.

//DarkMage

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Answered - Sorceresses may use armour

Ok. Got an answer for 1). I may equip my sorceress with armour if it is allowed on the character. I guess my notion came from some roleplaying game where armour negated the possibility to cast spells..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMage View Post
    Hi all!

Having been away for a long time from the game I need to refresh my skills on the rules. I've read the old book I already have trough (6 ed). I seem to remember some rule that sorceresses don't carry armour. But I can't find it anywhere... (I get that she can use ward saves)

I also think I have read somewhere about additional weapons on a character that uses a magical weapon, but I can't seem to remember. Let's say I equip my Master with a beastmasters scourge, and then equip him also with an additional weapon. Does that extra weapon also count as a beastmasters scourge?

Further, if I equip a master with two weapons, can I give him two magical weapons?
    Like sword of might and sword of biting? And how many points will this add up to?
    Should I withdraw points for the additional hand weapon weapon (4p) or add these 4p to the value of the magical weapon?

4) If I may: How do I count the points on such a combo?

Thx for your answers/thoughts.

//DarkMage
    1- Unless specified in the unit entry, a caster cannot wear armour, has it will negate thier casting capabilities (this comes from the DnD trend)

-2 A model that can purchase, and comes equiped with *an additional hand weapon* simply adds an additional attack to is profile. This does not apply to mounted models, nor to characters wielding magical weapons (unless specified by a special rule, like a unnamed dark elf one). These situations forfeit the bonus.

-3 No. Regardless of point costs and limitations, a character cannot chose more than 1 item per archtype. 1 magical weapon, 1 magical armour, 1 enchanted item, and so fort. Using a magical weapon will forfeit the additional hand weapon bonus, as stated above.

-4 Cannot be done, refer above.

Sidenote: an additional hand weapon is a mundane on it's own right, but the ability to purchase another.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx

Hi!

Thx for the rapid and thorough reply!

//DarkMage

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

the ability to cast in armor depends upon whether the character can take armor in the first place. IN several books there are armors specifically designed for wizards/mages etc. So there is no problem with wearing armor and casting spells. the problem lies, in that normally, a wizard/mage cannot take mundane armor, so they can't select magic armor either. Everyone comes with a hand weapon, so mages can always take a magical weapon, but are usually limited in other magical items.

You should really get a 7th edition rulebook at some point because there are subtle differences in the rules. If you're just playing with friends and you're all using 6th edition you might be able to get away with it, but with half of the armies having 7th specific army books now you're going to run into more serious discrepancies. If you had read the 7th edition rule book, you wouldn't have had to ask any of these questions because the answers are already there in the rules.

If I told you that, I'm afraid I'd have to kill you
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

[QUOTE=DarkMage;1253639]

With ard saves..you certainly can't give her mundane armour as the options don't mention it, and your magic options for sorceresses 'do not include magic armour.' However, if she can wear armour, she cannot cast spells which kind of defies the whole point of the scorceress.

No.

It's just a hand weapon! If it had the qualities of the first weapon it would have the points cost of the first weapon.

Like sword of might and sword of biting?
    Yes.

And how many points will this add up to?Should I withdraw points for the additional hand weapon weapon (4p) or add these 4p to the value of the magical weapon?
    See above.

I think he can carry two magical weapons (unless one or more are two-handed weapons) but an addititional hand wepon is just that: a hand weapon.

Attila
    Worshipper of Dice
    Last game: Victory Dark Elves vs High Elves & Orcs & Goblins
    WDL: Dark Elves:37/6/8 Space Marines:7/3/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7:th ed

Point taken bucker0. thx for the extra advice.

Best Regards, DarkMage.
    Last edited by DarkMage; September 23rd, 2008 at 20:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding two magical weapons on one hero

Hi.

Seems Atilla... and Wolf_Pack disagree. Who is most confident?

Thx, DM.

If I told you that, I'm afraid I'd have to kill you
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

I am?
    Worshipper of Dice
    Last game: Victory Dark Elves vs High Elves & Orcs & Goblins
    WDL: Dark Elves:37/6/8 Space Marines:7/3/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Direct quotes from rulebook:
    "No character can carry more than one maic item." and "A charater that has a magic close combat weapon cannot use any other close combat weapons, although it can carry a shield as normal."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast