The Big-Bad New Chaos... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Big-Bad New Chaos...

A mate of mine is starting a Tzeench chaos army once the new armybook comes out. Judging form the leaked rules I've seen, it looks like the entire army has something like a 2+ save and 3+ high strength attacks each all in a cute ~17 pt package... lovely...

Then there's the Staff of Change which allows any number of power dice to be re-roll to avoid miscasts and cause IF. Again, lovely...

Thoroughly afraid, I started snooping around the Chaos forum to see what comparable army lists looked like. Not good at all...

I don't know if any of you have seen the new rules, but if you have what are some ways to take on the uber-high AS and massive number of attacks Chaos can deliver? My armies are generally geared towards CC - something that doesn't look like an advantageous position against the new Chaos.

Any ideas on how to take them on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Rule 1) never trust rumors, wait to see what happens.

Rule 2) Use the same tactics you use against everyone else. Use quick fast attack units, and hard hammer units. Take advantage of flanking charges and advantages in combat resolution.
    The Camden Brigade
    Do good things, good things happen. Do bad things, and kharma hits you with a car.
    20 Bucks. Eat it; Ride it; Hump it. I don't care. - Earl J. Hickey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaos will still always be chaos. Shoot them, outmanuver them and flank them. DE magic is also good, lore of metal and their AS isn't as scary anymore. Or lore of shadow to help movement and psychology, pit of shades helps against trolls and ogers.

Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I've seen the new book and I'm not overly impressed (And I'm hardcore Chaos).

Yes, there are plenty of walking tanks. But they're still 1W infantry that you can run rings around. Rxbs should be pretty deadly against warriors now they have AP, while the army will have trouble dealing with shades effectively.

They are a vicious hammer army, but lack a lot of units that can support the army.

They will be tough to take head on, but Dark Elves don't have to do that. As long as you do what elves do best - avoid protracted combats and try to have units working together WoC armies will drop like any other.

DE players should still be more troubled by Daemon armies than they are by the new Mortals.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Yea, magic, shooting and good, old fashioned outmanuevering tactics rule the day.

+ Reply to Thread