unit of ogre maneaters as rare choice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

unit of ogre maneaters as rare choice

do we still have the ability to get mercenaries ?--- if so can we use the ogre maneaters unit as a rare choice

is there any good reason to do this even if we can ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

When posting make sure that you check the list for any topics which are similar. Having seen this question pop up about a half dozen times and always seeing the same answer. Check the Dogs of War listing on the website and the wording in the Ogre Kingdoms Army book.
    The Camden Brigade
    Do good things, good things happen. Do bad things, and kharma hits you with a car.
    20 Bucks. Eat it; Ride it; Hump it. I don't care. - Earl J. Hickey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

well I didnt see any topics like this--- and besides the secondary question would be -- is there any reason? so to say is the DE balanced perfectly without any cheesy addons

and besides I dont have the ogres army book to reference -- but I really like the models; so If i were to buy several maneaters; I hope I can use in one of my armies and paint them accordingly
    Last edited by Concilliator; September 28th, 2008 at 20:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

erm, ogres aren't cheesy. They're ridiculously expensive, and thus will (ironically enough) come in a small unit. Besides, Maneaters eat two Rare choices pun not intended.

Anyways, I'd say take a unit of Ogres only at 2Kpts. Then make the Maneaters used at 3K. The DEs have some pretty cool Rare stuff, as it is, and you want at least one slot freed up. When taking ogres, don't take any units bigger than six. Ironguts, Maneaters etc, I'd cap at four.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

well I just wanted them because I think they would be fun to paint -- i would only use a unit of 3 or so as and probably only at 4k ! didnt know they took 2 rares

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

1 unit = 1 rare choice.

Look in the OK book. I'm not convinced they are better or more resilient than a Hydra though.

+ Reply to Thread