how many hydras in 3k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: how many hydras in 3k

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • none

1 4.00%

9 36.00%

12 48.00%

3 12.00%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

how many hydras in 3k

How many hydras would you use in 3k I was thinking 2

Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would probably take 2. You're really going to want at least 2 RBTs, so it's hard to balance. 4 RBTs might be overkill, but 2 might not be quite enough at that size game.

I would base this less around how many hydras you want, and more about how few RBTs you can be successful with.
    Last edited by Crazy Elf Lady; October 18th, 2008 at 20:11. Reason: grammar fail
    [...] So I burst into his office and exclaimed, quite frankly, "That's Numberwang." As I recall it, he cried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I voted one, even though I'm not a DE player. Reason is that I prefer to fill points from other slots in the FOC.

-AFG//

If I told you that, I'm afraid I'd have to kill you
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Umm...! you do know that they cost about £25($50US) apiece? I can't even afford to replace my out-dated 6th ed model (not that it matters. I can still use it). Anyway, they are expensive in more ways than one, and I would say only take the one.

In a 2k game I'm experimenting (very successfully) with using a hydra, but not RBTs, counting on the artillery of my opponent to break so I won't be competing with her/him. This is a good gambit at 2k as there is only a 50% chance an artillery piece will work every turn, but hydras attract fire and in a 3k game there will be 2-3 artillery pieces and probability say theresa great chance of at least one working.

I would say only take two if you're going to take RBTs as well. You could get two hydras and two RBTs, but that's 4-600 points.

Attila
    Worshipper of Dice
    Last game: Victory Dark Elves vs High Elves & Orcs & Goblins
    WDL: Dark Elves:37/6/8 Space Marines:7/3/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

As many as you want...depends on what you like to take and what works for you. Hydras are awesome and really effective. It just depends on your list/opponents.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Umm...! you do know that they cost about £25($50US) apiece?
    Yeah I know but I have an old one and just bought one of ebay for $3 mainly because I like the model. Also sinking that many points into a model means you spend less else wher although that is not a good thing
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

+ Reply to Thread