Null Talismans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Null Talismans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Null Talismans

I just wanted to clear up something; I don't always read GW wording correctly.

More then one Null Talisman can be carried by a character, but can more then one character take Null Talismans? Also, because they stack, so to speak, would having 2 characters with 1 each (assuming that the answer to the first question is yes) be equivalent to having 2?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rule is that only one character can take any said magic item, with a few specifically listed exceptions. Since there is no exception provided, I would say we go with the general rule here.

Even if you can take multiples, magic resistance from different sources does not stack. If two characters each have one pendant (Magic Resistance (1)), then even if they are both in the same unit, it only has Magic Resistance (1).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

yes this counts as having 2 null talismans on the same char. The whole unit gets magic rez 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thats a bit of a mixed response, I guess I should just ask the guys I play with. Thanks for the responses.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

no it doesn't

If character A has one and character B has one and they are in the same unit, you have MR1. If character A has 2, then that unit has MR2. No way to mistake that.

I do think that multiple characters can take one each or one and two, just because of the wording of the phrase "characters" meaning multiple guys/gals can have one at the same time and there are obviously more than one of them because they can stack. I usually don't take more than one though, because it's obviously could be a point of contention. I'd ask your opponent before playing or check with a tourny rulesman before putting that in my list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

buckero0 has it right with regards to Talismans being cumulative. As for the 2nd question, it tells you to treat them like Dispel Scrolls so I take this to mean you can have as many as you want on as many characters as you want.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

yeah, that's the second part that adds credence to the anyone can take them and take as many as they have points for. That phrase about the dispel scrolls makes it sound like multiple characters can take them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But are you allowed to take a null talisman along with other talismans? You can take more dispel scrolls with other arcane items, but my trouble with the null talisman is that there are such better ones that I want to pick first! (pendent, seal)
    [...] So I burst into his office and exclaimed, quite frankly, "That's Numberwang." As I recall it, he cried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this issue goes back to the question of how much "like scrolls" Null Tallys are. I've asked before whether a character can take a talisman and Null Tallys in the same way mages can take scrolls and another Arcane item. Similarly, this query was divided as the wording isn't specific and the use of the phrase "just like scrolls" is decieving.

The verdict on my thread is the same as the one I propose here: ask your oppnenet or wait for the Erreta

+ Reply to Thread