Possible manticore conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Possible manticore conversion

Hello,

Me and my friends play a lot of 500pt games.

I don't play Dark Elves at the moment but I was thinking of a small corsair raiding force comprimising 2 units of corsairs and a hero with a dragon cloak on the back of a manticore.

The project is primarily a modelling / painting one so I'm not worried how it will fare on the battlefield. Poorly if my other Armies are anythign to go by.

What I would like to know is possible ideas for converting the manticore - I don't particularly like the current model.

My first plan is to do a conversion based upon a high elf chariot's lion. Would this be too small? If not does anyone know what size of wings would go best - there are several available from GW's bitz catalogue.

Thank you for attention - any help appreciated.

Finally getting round to finshing my Tallarn Imperial Guard Army (2K)
    Everything else has been sacrificed on the Altar of eBay...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Greetings,

In my experiance the size of the model doesn't matter so much as the size of the base.

As long as you put the model on the proper sized base it shouldn't be a problem, especially if you like the look of the model.

As for wings, most dragon wings would be suitable IMO.

I like the idea of using a lion with wings instead of the current manticore model, i'm not such a big fan of it myself,

Regards
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares, your a mile away and you have his shoes!!

Chuck Norris invented water

+ Reply to Thread