Border Patrol Assassins - rule clarification - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Border Patrol Assassins - rule clarification

Hi there. New to the forum and was just seeking some clarification concerning Dark Elves and Border Patrols. Basically, can you use an assassin with border patrol rules if he was under the 125 pts per model rule? The rules state you are allowed a single hero to lead your force - does this preclude his use or could he be used alongside a master? Thanks to anyone who can take the time to clarify.

Alan & Ewan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

An assassin isn't a Hero, so I suppose you could use it in a border patrol. It would get rather expensive though. However, 2hw and Manbane is a very nasty combo for only 121 points.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

I think the problem is that it would leave you General-less, wouldn't it? Assassin's can't be generals...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe he'd be general-less. He can still bring a master, as the assassin is not a hero and does not block the 0-1 hero include. Futher, if there is no master, a unit Champion can be the general (I believe, dont have the book with me).

The issue would be, especially with a master there too, is that your strategy is readily apparent. There are few places to hide an assassin at that point level, and your opponent is going to be realize very quickly where that 125ish points are and take the necessary steps.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

I thought you could do without the hero totally in border patrol, and just use a unit champion as your general. Maybe I'm mixing that up with the other small pt game (skirmish)

I say you don't need him though anyway. There are plenty of decent options for doing without the character or assassin. Why you could make a realistic army of all dark riders that ought to do marginally well in small point games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by redphantasm View Post
    I don't believe he'd be general-less. He can still bring a master, as the assassin is not a hero and does not block the 0-1 hero include. Futher, if there is no master, a unit Champion can be the general (I believe, dont have the book with me).

The issue would be, especially with a master there too, is that your strategy is readily apparent. There are few places to hide an assassin at that point level, and your opponent is going to be realize very quickly where that 125ish points are and take the necessary steps.
    Ah, I stand corrected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Food for thought, now that I finally got home and can read the Border Patrol rules.

The rules are old, specifically from a time when DE Assassins were hero choices. While you could take on under the current rules, I am not sure it would be in the spirit of the Border Patrol rules to have both an assassin and a master/sorc in the list.

+ Reply to Thread