Clar Karond - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clar Karond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clar Karond

I noticed that there isn't much love for the Tower of Doom in the Army Book. All we really get is that it's where lumber is harvested for ships, and that it's near the Doom Gate. Beyond that, nada. It doesn't even have its own troop type! Har Ganeth gets Excecutioners, Naggarond gets the Black Guard, Ghrond gets Sorceresses, and Karond Kar gets harpies. This is strange to me, as I feel Clar Karond is very flavorful - it conjures up images of ancient, brooding forests and a dark, wild country haunted by beasts. So. Questions:

Has anyone ever made a Clar Karond themed army?
    Is there any information on the city that isn't mentioned in the Army Book?
    Is there information in the Army Book that I've overlooked?
    What sorts of troops would be available to a young go-getter Dreadlord from the Tower of Doom?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyGhostly View Post
    I noticed that there isn't much love for the Tower of Doom in the Army Book. All we really get is that it's where lumber is harvested for ships, and that it's near the Doom Gate. Beyond that, nada. It doesn't even have its own troop type! Har Ganeth gets Excecutioners, Naggarond gets the Black Guard, Ghrond gets Sorceresses, and Karond Kar gets harpies. This is strange to me, as I feel Clar Karond is very flavorful - it conjures up images of ancient, brooding forests and a dark, wild country haunted by beasts. So. Questions:

Has anyone ever made a Clar Karond themed army?
    Is there any information on the city that isn't mentioned in the Army Book?
    Is there information in the Army Book that I've overlooked?
    What sorts of troops would be available to a young go-getter Dreadlord from the Tower of Doom?
    so model a bunch of lumberjacks and put them in your army as either corsairs or executioners or both. Make up your own stuff about them, that's the benefit of not having everything spelled out for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy making up my own material and writing up backgrounds for my armies, but I generally enjoy GW's fluff and was simply wondering whether more of it existed for this particular area. I don't want "everything spelled out for me" - I enjoy mystery and ambiguity as much as the next person, but I like the feel of Clar Karond and wanted to know more about the setting's place in the Warhammer world.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

sorry to come off so gruffly. I guess I was having a bad day yesterday.

I do know that there are a couple of Dark Elf novels written in the Black Library section of GW's bookstore. You might be able to find more info there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not much is written about it and from what little text there is it sounds like a glorified sawmill srry
    Believe in me, even if we are torn apart our feelings will unite us that is what this post is all about.

+ Reply to Thread