Shadowblade Rocks!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadowblade Rocks!!!

Okay I played my friend last night in a friendly 3,000 point game. He plays a nice Dwarf army. I assumed he was going to be focusing on a lot of runesmith/runelords to counteract my magic, so I decided to let him waste his points and field an entirely no magic list.

Well, among other characters that I used I decided to take Shadowblade. I figured he was going to be using his newly acquired Anvil of Doom and in which case Shadowblade would come in handy. I would have taken him anyways since he can obliterate a war machine in no time. It was when I found out that the Anvil was considered a war machine that I got super excited about surprising him by releasing shadowblade in it.

Once we started the game I rolled better than him so I got to go first. (even though he deployed first too lol) On the very first turn I revealed Shadowblade in his Anvil of Doom. His face was priceless lol!!! Even worse for him, his General was in the war machine crew. He only had three characters in his army. One was a Thane which was his BsB which cannot be your General since he carries the BsB. The second one was a Dragon Slayer which also cannot be the army General. (I killed the dragon slayer by turn two with my bolt throwers ^_^) So since the only other character he had was in his War Machine it had to be him. (I was shocked that he did not have any runesmiths/runelords/master engineers)

By the end of my second turn I killed his General and his Anvil of Doom. He never got one wound on me. It was a mistake on his part too to challenge Shadowblade. It allowed me to fight one on one, and since it was a challenge I was able to take away one of his attacks with my hand of khaine. Since one enemy model is removed from the unit when you first reveal Shadowblade, (rules say that this is done to represent the model you killed prior to the battle starting who's place to took when hiding in the unit) he only had two other crew which fell quickly. After I took care of his Anvil of Doom that gave me an easy 520 VP and another 100 VP for his General. For the rest of the game I just stayed out of enemy line of sight or frontal charge arc and threw rending stars at people. With Shadowblades amazing 10 Balistic Skill I was always hitting on a 2+. I was surprised at how well he did. I am thankful for his 5+ ward save cause without it he is defenseless.

GLORY TO THE DRUCHII!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to the DE book you cant release shadowblade until after the very first turn. oh and he did bring a runelord if he had an AoD, thats the only way the bring one, but all in all cool story haha.

my friend and i had an DE vs. HE magic battle, myself bringing morathi, and him bringing teclis, so i brought shadowblade just for teclis, as he literally has no save of any kind, he had him in a unit, so thats where shadowblade went, on the 2nd turn i revealed and killed teclis, he was dumbfounded, ended up a draw i think but still, a great story from it and now we both understand the importance of unit champs haha.
    Beer, Pipes, and Guns... Dwarves had the right idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow very cool story yourself!!! I would have been dumbfounded as well if I was him lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lolz shadowblade is possibly the most underestimated character out there seriously if people use him right he easily makes up for his points
    Believe in me, even if we are torn apart our feelings will unite us that is what this post is all about.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Being a High Elf player, I have felt the sting of Shadowblade on more than one occasion. I have found though, that if you challange him with a champion, at least your lord will survive one more turn.....

He is very tough, and if he is revealed when a unit charges you, so you have enough to deal with already, he is a true pain in the bottom.

A great character, with some great background fluff, but a little expensive, when a normal assasin with a charge can do the same job.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well my regular assassins cost a little over half of what it cost to field shadowblade. so really its like fielding one reallllly good assassin or two regular assassins for the point cost. But, in your comment that a regular assassin is just as good, i disagree because its the fact that he has soooo many gifts of khaine that a normal assassin would not have the total points to fit all those. He can also hide in enemy units or war machines. this in iteself is WAY better and the most benefitial benefit of shadowblade. also when he dies he can still kill someone cause he uses the small template on the spot of his death and can kill models affected.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhir_Forever View Post
    well my regular assassins cost a little over half of what it cost to field shadowblade. so really its like fielding one reallllly good assassin or two regular assassins for the point cost. But, in your comment that a regular assassin is just as good, i disagree because its the fact that he has soooo many gifts of khaine that a normal assassin would not have the total points to fit all those. He can also hide in enemy units or war machines. this in iteself is WAY better and the most benefitial benefit of shadowblade. also when he dies he can still kill someone cause he uses the small template on the spot of his death and can kill models affected.
    See, my problem comes from the fact that unless you know your enemy has a very squishy general, or is going to be keeping warmachines about, then you could end up wasting him.

If an enemy is clever, he won't have all his war machines in one place, which means you could be wasting an expensive character to take out one war machine before he gets dusted by enemy shooting the turn after.

I love his fluff, but I think there are better options in a dark elf army for less points is all.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh totally. I never said he was perfect for any and every situation. I really only take him when I play dwarfs, sometimes others but mainly dwarfs. Just like any unit/character, usefulness will be determined by the opponent you face and how well your unit/characters abilities combat your enemy's. I figured this was a given that is why i did not clarify it before.

Blood & Souls for Khaine! flameseeker574's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too have had some great experiences with the master of assassins. The best of which was when I was playing my friends lizardmen army and I revealed shadowblade in his small saurus unit that was guarding his slann.

1st turn SB kills a few saurus and clears out his killzone
    2nd turn SB challenges the slann who has nowhere to go and must accept. I pop the potion and deal a few wounds
    3rd turn some CoKs charge the unit and mop up the remaining saurus, shadowblade deals another wound or two
    4th turn one big dead toad =p

needless to say I won the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

If players accept him, I'll use him to hunt High Elf Archmage. The problem is, we usually play without Special Characters therefore I'll have to persuade them that every Assassin would be able to do that and the guy I am using is just another sneaky fella with Shadowblade's rules. He'll be helpfyul with dealing with Swordmasters as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast