Pearl of Infitite Bleakness on a Dread Knght? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pearl of Infitite Bleakness on a Dread Knght?

Can I put the PoIB on a Dread Knight to make the Cold one Knight unit immune to psych and therefore not stupid? It just seems too good!

As I kissed her goodbye, I said, 'All beauty must die'...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Nope.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Unfortunatly immune to psychology doesn't negate stupidity. The only banner we have to counter stupidity is "Banner of Cold Blood"

Don't underestimate this banner though. I used to bring "Standard of Slaughter" with my Cold One Knights and it's ok. However there will be a moment when you want and have to charge but stupidity gets in the way.

This one time I was playing against ogres. I was able to charge his 4 bulls + tyrent + butcher with my 6CoK + hydrabanner BSB and I was able to charge him but failed my stupidity test! xD

With 'Banner of Cold Blood" you just activate it at start of turn and then you chance of making the charge is much greater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah once per game cok's are supremely overrated i've play tested them in every way i could think of and they just keep coming up short

what it comes down to is when they work thier great but fail a stupidity test and thier toast and unfortunately due to their role have an annoying habit of taking the rest of your army with them
    Believe in me, even if we are torn apart our feelings will unite us that is what this post is all about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, easy to underestimate the banner of cold blood. i still think the banner of slaughter is the better for CoK's though in my opinion. I believe this because once the first round of combat is over with your CoK's you no longer have that great strength 6 anymore that you had with the charge. In the next combat phase you will need the extra resolution to endure you do not run or at the very least youll make it easier for you to break them if you win the combat again anyways. I seriously don't fail stupidity that much, so i'll take my chances with leadership 9. Besides, you can almost gaurantee breaking an enemy unit with your CoK's the very first round... especially with the Banner of Slaughter. Knowing this I like to run a unit of harpies along side of my Knights. Whenever I declare my charge with them ill make sure to move my harpies behind that unit so ill get the free points right away AND will not have to pursure which will enable my knights to make the free move or reform and also be in better position to charge in the next turn. I have had a lot of times where I would charge a unit, break the unit, pursue and capture the unit, and after I did I was so far behind the enemy lines that I was unable to charge the next turn.... it gets annoying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or to make things easier

Malus Dark blade anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont like malus. at least the way games workshop made him.. he should be better. in the books at least, he is more BA than the hero version in the DE rule book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Perhaps add this in the FAQ? ( DE tips and tricks (DE tips and tricks [BETA]) )

+ Reply to Thread